What do you think about Middlesex Film Production studies? Watch

Balbina
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I was interested inapplying to this uni for Film and TV BA 2016 and was wondering whether it would be the right choice. I mostly aim at film directing and search for a place that would give me the basic knowledge and possibly connections for starting a career in film. Do any of you know about or attend this course? What are your opinions on this uni? What other courses/unis would you recommend?

Thanks in advance !
Ruben at MDX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there Balbina,

I've attended the BA film course at Middlesex, and I must say at the moment MDX has one of the best Film course in London. Starting with the facilities, editing suits, motion capture rooms, equipment, 5D,7D, Black magic's, I hear there is even talks about a RED cam next year,the course is really hands on, I would say 80% of the work is practical, and while we believe that now-a-days industry is looking for people who know how to do things, knowing the why of doing such things is also important so there theoretical side is never forgotten.

One of the good things that really distinguishes the course from other around London is the amount of films you do, on the first year you will do 1 small project, couple minutes long, every 2 weeks, this gives you the chance to make all the mistake you need to make, and when coming to the major projects by the end of term you will know more or less what will go right and how's the proper way of doing things.

The course is pretty flexible in term of what do you want to do, they will let you try various aspects of film, you can make documentaries, commercials, drama's, music videos, pretty much everything, so that you by the end of it you'll be industry ready and knowing for sure what role do you want to take.

Hope it helps

If you need anything else any questions about the course please feel free to ask
RubenMiddlesex Course AmbassadorFilm, TV, Visual Effects and Gaming
solar222222
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ruben at MDX)
Hi there Balbina,

I've attended the BA film course at Middlesex, and I must say at the moment MDX has one of the best Film course in London. Starting with the facilities, editing suits, motion capture rooms, equipment, 5D,7D, Black magic's, I hear there is even talks about a RED cam next year,the course is really hands on, I would say 80% of the work is practical, and while we believe that now-a-days industry is looking for people who know how to do things, knowing the why of doing such things is also important so there theoretical side is never forgotten.

One of the good things that really distinguishes the course from other around London is the amount of films you do, on the first year you will do 1 small project, couple minutes long, every 2 weeks, this gives you the chance to make all the mistake you need to make, and when coming to the major projects by the end of term you will know more or less what will go right and how's the proper way of doing things.

The course is pretty flexible in term of what do you want to do, they will let you try various aspects of film, you can make documentaries, commercials, drama's, music videos, pretty much everything, so that you by the end of it you'll be industry ready and knowing for sure what role do you want to take.

Hope it helps

If you need anything else any questions about the course please feel free to ask
RubenMiddlesex Course AmbassadorFilm, TV, Visual Effects and Gaming
Hey, I was wondering if I could ask you some questions about the course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Middlesex University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (76)
67.26%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.58%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.16%

Watched Threads