The Student Room Group

Break up and friendless

So 3 weeks ago my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because she was bored of our relationship. She had warned me about it and I had tried to make it better but she just wasn't happy and dumped me.

She still tries to speak to me and I try to avoid her in corridors (I'm in year 12) so I don't have to see her and sometimes she says she loves me and sometimes she says she's glad we're "friends". But the other week she got with my "friend" which annoyed me so much I punched him in the face 3 times in school the following Monday because obviously I still love this girl (obviously I was upset with her as well). I think she wants to get back now and as much as I'd love to have her back and be able to tell her stupid things and annoy her and hug her and kiss her for no reason, I don't think it could ever go back to how it was because of what she did with my friend.

And now my two best friends always do stuff together and never speak to me, when I ask them if what they're doing and if they want to do something, usually they're already together and say stuff like "I don't have a problem if you want to come", as if they really want me there...

So I feel like I've lost my best friends, my girlfriend and this loneliness is distracting me so much I can't even do school work. My heart feels heavy and I never feel satisfied. So I've resorted to telling TSR about my problems that no one cares about. Does anyone have any advice for a depressed loner like me?
Original post by Anonymous
So 3 weeks ago my girlfriend of 3 years broke up with me because she was bored of our relationship. She had warned me about it and I had tried to make it better but she just wasn't happy and dumped me.

She still tries to speak to me and I try to avoid her in corridors (I'm in year 12) so I don't have to see her and sometimes she says she loves me and sometimes she says she's glad we're "friends". But the other week she got with my "friend" which annoyed me so much I punched him in the face 3 times in school the following Monday because obviously I still love this girl (obviously I was upset with her as well). I think she wants to get back now and as much as I'd love to have her back and be able to tell her stupid things and annoy her and hug her and kiss her for no reason, I don't think it could ever go back to how it was because of what she did with my friend.

And now my two best friends always do stuff together and never speak to me, when I ask them if what they're doing and if they want to do something, usually they're already together and say stuff like "I don't have a problem if you want to come", as if they really want me there...

So I feel like I've lost my best friends, my girlfriend and this loneliness is distracting me so much I can't even do school work. My heart feels heavy and I never feel satisfied. So I've resorted to telling TSR about my problems that no one cares about. Does anyone have any advice for a depressed loner like me?

First off you ex Girlfriend doesn't love. Never did. If she did she couldn't treat you like this. She it stringing you along to manipulate and hurt you more. To best honest this a problem I have came across in my life. That school, where you live forces you to be with other people. Then you try and make yourself happy with these other people. Even if you only know these people because you are forced to be with them. So this is your problem, this is the problem most people have. I have no friends and no girlfriend because I don't like anyone. I search not for people to make me happy, but for someone that makes me happy. Loneliness doesn't doesn't depend on having people around you, but rather someone who made you happen with you. Your friends and girlfriend never truly made you happy, you just forced yourself to believe they did. Now you have realised it you feel you will never find that someone who could take away your loneliness. That is why you feel this way.

This is why prefer talking to people online. As online they aren't forced to interact with me, they do it of there own free will and desire. Sure I could go out and meet people, but it would be because we are forced together. You need to understand this and once you do it will become easier for you and you won't feel as lonely or bad about the people who have hurt you and the people you no longer have in your life. In the end you will need to let it go and move on to people you choose and who choose you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Seems as though your friends felt pretty neglected when you were out with your now ex-gf.
Hang around with your friends again, be open to do whatever you can, they may not care as much anymore, but over time, youll rebuild what you lost and make it better.
As for the girl, forget about her, youll find better in the future. Who says if you get back to her she wont dump you after a month again? maybe in a years time? maybe more? Really, it hurts, but you need to forget about her, try do things that wont remind you of her, like hanging out with your friends.
Also, in the future, try make sure your friends are always your number 1 priority. They're the ones that will stick around if/when you break up.
Goodluck

Latest

Trending

Trending