Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For my Media Studies project I'm researching into 'the representation of gender on children's television and how this affects children'.

I would appreciate your opinion on the representation of gender in childrens television, there is no wrong answer as it is your opinion I am looking for. If you could also state your age and gender that would be grand...for analysing my results.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, a male.
    I would say children are shown as to do exactly what adults tell them, theres a word for this but I seem to have memory block :confused:
    Children also seem to be happy after completing whatever task set before them, perhaps an ideology adults want to install (anyway thats your bit).

Can I just ask is this for your A2 Coursework and what exam board are you with?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 Male.

Not too sure about the question and i don't watch much children's TV but here goes.

I seem to see a majority off female presenters doing all their singing and what not, whereas the children tend to be an even mix of male/female. How this affects children i'm not sure, maybe it shows them that females are fun to be around and are there to 'look after' us.

Not sure if i got the the jist of this, maybe i just look like an idiot now

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your opinions...unfortunately I'm not overly sure what I'm trying to find out, so I can't make the question much clearer.
    ITs for my critical research study in Media Studies...this isn't coursework though, we had to make a film trailer for a british film for our coursework. This is a reserach project where we look into a topic that interests us (none of them interested me, so i went for what looked like easiest option) and research it. We are allowed to take 4 sides of ntoes into the exam (no continuous prose tho) and we have to write one question about how we did the research (liek sources etc) then another question on what we found out. This is next friday. Its not been a case of me not doing it, ive been trying to for months...its more a case of my teacher was hopeless and didn't ever help me!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.