The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Are my grades good enough to get a conditional offer? (Engineering)

AABBC - Maths and Physics at B

Current Subjects:

AH Maths
AH Physics
H Chemistry (Crashing)

I've applied for BEng Mechanical Engineering and Product Design Engineering. I am also doing the FOCUS West Top-Up Programme. Would this be enough to get a conditional offer from Glasgow Uni?
I can't guarantee for certain, so don't base anything off of what I say, contact the Undergrad engineering admissions e-mail address to see for sure (I've spoken to them a couple of times, they're quite fast to reply and really helpful).

According to the Widening Access page, you could possibly meet entry requirements due to the FOCUS West programme, but you'd have to check with the Uni.

Best of Luck!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice!
I applied for product design engineering at glasgow too! my grades are similar, (AABBB Maths/Physics A/B) and when I went to the open day for glasgow, the admissions guy for engineering told me to email him a week before i sent away my application, because i just missed the threshold for an unconditional, and it would be the same with you, and I did and basically his reply was that because i just missed it a little bit, and i remembered to email him, my application was flagged so that it wouldn't get put to the back of the pile and considered only when everyone else has applied, so my name was flagged, i sent my application away on a monday, my school sent it on the tuesday and i had a conditional the next day from glasgow! so you never know! my dad literally said to me that he wasn't expecting me to get any offer from glasgow but there you go! Good luck!
Reply 4
I actually just got conditional offers from Glasgow recently so im pretty chuffed!
Oh, congrats!! what are your conditions? maybe you'll be in my class next year!
Reply 6
I just need to pass top up and that's really it which is quite fortunate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending