Report 14 years ago
good stuff, i got 59 i think and 11 on comp
Rustyk1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
cool, think i got 56 and 11.

One thing, when you had to prove line was normal to the plane i derived the plane from the l1 and l2 and then showed that the normal to this plane was equal to n. this meant i already had the cartesian equation of the plane. Do you think i will be penalised for not doing it in the standard method? Or does it not really matter?

Thanks
manps
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont think they will peanilise you
Rustyk1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thank you, i hope not, really need that A!!

Thanks, good for self confidence if nothing else!
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I need 50/100 in D1 on monday for a Grade A overall - should be able to get that
Rustyk1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol, the pressure is really on for you then! D1 is possibly the easiest unit in a level! Saying that i only got a B, this was mainly due to one lesson a week from the worst teacher ever (i did it for further maths). Pretty much learnt it all in one day of revision, lol. Anyhoo, good luck all the same!
Rustyk1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
****, just realised i didnt sketch graph at the end, thats another mark or 2 gone...grrrrr....
jay9386
Report 14 years ago
manps im doing d1 on monday too u got msn...u reckon u can do solutions for that once we've finished the exam
jay9386
Report 14 years ago
any tips for d1 manps...the txt book is **** this is the 3rd time im doing it..i bloody hate it do u reckon u can upload the p3 paper please..i just wana see it again.
xk8
Report 14 years ago
thanku very glad for the p3 paper and answers... feeling quite chuffed that i got as many right as i did! just wonderin if the comprehension paper is around anywhere on the net? preferrably with some answers? thanks to anyone that can help! xx
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by jay9386)
any tips for d1 manps...the txt book is **** this is the 3rd time im doing it..i bloody hate it do u reckon u can upload the p3 paper please..i just wana see it again.
Its earlier in the thread
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xk8)
thanku very glad for the p3 paper and answers... feeling quite chuffed that i got as many right as i did! just wonderin if the comprehension paper is around anywhere on the net? preferrably with some answers? thanks to anyone that can help! xx
doubt it these will appear for a while :-(
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
manps im doing d1 on monday too u got msn...u reckon u can do solutions for that once we've finished the exam
duno if i can get the d1 paper on monday - i'l find out and let you know
sweetymango
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rustyk1)
lol, the pressure is really on for you then! D1 is possibly the easiest unit in a level! Saying that i only got a B, this was mainly due to one lesson a week from the worst teacher ever (i did it for further maths). Pretty much learnt it all in one day of revision, lol. Anyhoo, good luck all the same!
When did you sit the D1, cos the january 04 was nasty, and ppl nationally found it hard so the marks were changed...
jay9386
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sweetymango)
When did you sit the D1, cos the january 04 was nasty, and ppl nationally found it hard so the marks were changed...

yes i found it very difficult i got 56/100 how do u mean the marks were changed? im praying for a nice paper on monday!!
sweetymango
Report 14 years ago
yes i found it very difficult i got 56/100 how do u mean the marks were changed? im praying for a nice paper on monday!!
Well the teacher said I'd got X % (can't remember now, but in theory it would have been a 'B') but because ppl nationally found it hard, my % was converted to around 83% making it an A :s
Rustyk1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sweetymango)
i did it in jan 03 as my first f maths exam, sorry, presumed they were all of that caliber, mebbe i got lucky n e way!
Asphyxiating
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ugh think i got everything wrong, that 4/3pi is prolly the only thing i did get right! for the 1/4e^2 + 1/4 does it matter if i put the 1/4 in brackets? also for ln y = x^2/2 + c I did 2ln y = x^2 +c so y^2 = e(x^2 +c) does that matter? Did you have to put the A in? argh I think i've done so much wrong I can't recognise those answers, I can't even remember what I put but it doesn't sound familiar
Emma Louise
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Asphyxiating)
ugh think i got everything wrong, that 4/3pi is prolly the only thing i did get right! for the 1/4e^2 + 1/4 does it matter if i put the 1/4 in brackets? also for ln y = x^2/2 + c I did 2ln y = x^2 +c so y^2 = e(x^2 +c) does that matter? Did you have to put the A in? argh I think i've done so much wrong I can't recognise those answers, I can't even remember what I put but it doesn't sound familiar
The 1/4 thing, erm, where it said something ...something ... in terms of e.
I took the 1/4 as a factor and wrote

1/4(e^2+1) or whatever it was.

Do you mean for the general solution of dy/dx = xy? I didn't put A in, only realised when I checked my book afterwards... who knows!
manps
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
you didnt need to put A in. +C wouldve been fine
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (35)
97.22%
No (1)
2.78%

Watched Threads