persephonejoy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Despite intervention sessions, revision and past paper practice, I'm still graded a D in my GCSE History course. It's stressing me out, and my teacher isn't THAT helpful with guiding me on how to improve.
I enjoy lessons, and my notes are a high grade, I just need help with confidence and structuring my answers to different mark questions (4 mark, 6 mark, 12 mark, etc).
Does anyone have any help/tips towards me getting my target grade of an A? I'm in year 11 so need replies ASAP,
Thanks in advance
The Grand Design
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It depends what exam board you do, I do GCSE History myself so I might be able to help, my exam board is OCR.
persephonejoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Grand Design)
It depends what exam board you do, I do GCSE History myself so I might be able to help, my exam board is OCR.
Hey, my exam board is AQA
The Grand Design
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by persephonejoy)
Hey, my exam board is AQA
I'm not familiar with AQA for history but I would say to look through mark schemes for past papers to see where and why you get marks. Examiner Reports you should also look at as it tells you where the majority of people lose or gain marks.

If you give me information on the types of questions you get about what I might be able to help structure them for you.
mughushed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I did AQA GCSE History last year and got an A* in it, so I'd be happy to help!

What parts do you need help with the most? Structuring the answers?
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Despite intervention sessions, revision and past paper practice, I'm still graded a D in my GCSE History course. It's stressing me out, and my teacher isn't THAT helpful with guiding me on how to improve.
I enjoy lessons, and my notes are a high grade, I just need help with confidence and structuring my answers to different mark questions (4 mark, 6 mark, 12 mark, etc).
Does anyone have any help/tips towards me getting my target grade of an A? I'm in year 11 so need replies ASAP,
Thanks in advance
If you're doing Germany, Crime and Punishment and/or Protest in the UK - I'm happy to help with any of these units as I got A*s in all of them but Protest in the UK.
persephonejoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamestg)
If you're doing Germany, Crime and Punishment and/or Protest in the UK - I'm happy to help with any of these units as I got A*s in all of them but Protest in the UK.
Year 1 I did Germany 1918-1945, The Cold War and International Terrorism
Year 2 (so far) has been the USA in the 1920s.
I struggle most with applying information and facts to exam answers and structuring them. My teacher has briefly given us a few ways to structure the answers, but it's not really sunk in (yet)
jamestg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Year 1 I did Germany 1918-1945, The Cold War and International Terrorism
Year 2 (so far) has been the USA in the 1920s.
I struggle most with applying information and facts to exam answers and structuring them. My teacher has briefly given us a few ways to structure the answers, but it's not really sunk in (yet)
Fear not, if you stay online I will be able to help you - my replies will be long though.
persephonejoy
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamestg)
Fear not, if you stay online I will be able to help you - my replies will be long though.
That's okay ^.^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (182)
43.75%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (48)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.93%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (88)
21.15%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (41)
9.86%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (24)
5.77%

Watched Threads