The Student Room Group

GCSE History anxiety and stress?

Despite intervention sessions, revision and past paper practice, I'm still graded a D in my GCSE History course. It's stressing me out, and my teacher isn't THAT helpful with guiding me on how to improve.
I enjoy lessons, and my notes are a high grade, I just need help with confidence and structuring my answers to different mark questions (4 mark, 6 mark, 12 mark, etc).
Does anyone have any help/tips towards me getting my target grade of an A? I'm in year 11 so need replies ASAP,
Thanks in advance
It depends what exam board you do, I do GCSE History myself so I might be able to help, my exam board is OCR.
Original post by The Grand Design
It depends what exam board you do, I do GCSE History myself so I might be able to help, my exam board is OCR.

Hey, my exam board is AQA
Original post by persephonejoy
Hey, my exam board is AQA

I'm not familiar with AQA for history but I would say to look through mark schemes for past papers to see where and why you get marks. Examiner Reports you should also look at as it tells you where the majority of people lose or gain marks.

If you give me information on the types of questions you get about what I might be able to help structure them for you.
Hey, I did AQA GCSE History last year and got an A* in it, so I'd be happy to help!

What parts do you need help with the most? Structuring the answers?
Reply 5
Despite intervention sessions, revision and past paper practice, I'm still graded a D in my GCSE History course. It's stressing me out, and my teacher isn't THAT helpful with guiding me on how to improve.
I enjoy lessons, and my notes are a high grade, I just need help with confidence and structuring my answers to different mark questions (4 mark, 6 mark, 12 mark, etc).
Does anyone have any help/tips towards me getting my target grade of an A? I'm in year 11 so need replies ASAP,
Thanks in advance

If you're doing Germany, Crime and Punishment and/or Protest in the UK - I'm happy to help with any of these units as I got A*s in all of them but Protest in the UK.
Original post by jamestg
If you're doing Germany, Crime and Punishment and/or Protest in the UK - I'm happy to help with any of these units as I got A*s in all of them but Protest in the UK.

Year 1 I did Germany 1918-1945, The Cold War and International Terrorism
Year 2 (so far) has been the USA in the 1920s.
I struggle most with applying information and facts to exam answers and structuring them. My teacher has briefly given us a few ways to structure the answers, but it's not really sunk in (yet)
Reply 7
Year 1 I did Germany 1918-1945, The Cold War and International Terrorism
Year 2 (so far) has been the USA in the 1920s.
I struggle most with applying information and facts to exam answers and structuring them. My teacher has briefly given us a few ways to structure the answers, but it's not really sunk in (yet)

Fear not, if you stay online I will be able to help you - my replies will be long though.
Original post by jamestg
Fear not, if you stay online I will be able to help you - my replies will be long though.

That's okay ^.^

Quick Reply

Latest