The Student Room Group

An AS Study Journal

My AS Study Journal

(This idea was inspired by 'Laurasaur' check out her A2 Study Journal)
AS Subjects Taken
AQA - Biology
Edexcel - Psychology
AQA - Sociology

The reason I am writing this AS Study Journal is to ensure I keep up with all the work that is involved in taking A-Levels. So that when it comes to the final exams I am not cramming the information and leaving only 2 days of revision for every subject like I did for my GCSE's :colondollar:
Reply 1
November:

Revision Content -

Spoiler

{Compulsory Content} Education [ ] Methods in Context [ ] Research Methods [ ]
{Optional} Culture and Identity [ ] Families and Households [ ] Health [ ] Work, Poverty and Welfare [ ]
AQA - Biology
[x] = Done
= Almost Done [ ] = Not Done
{Core Content} Biological Molecules [ ] Cells [ ] Organisms exchange substances with their environment [ ] Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms [ ]
Edexcel - Psychology [x] = Done = Almost Done [ ] = Not Done
{Core Content} Social Psychology [ ] Cognitive Psychology [ ] Biological Psychology [ ] Learning Theories [ ]
Original post by Ribenas

I'm currently doing Psychology with Edexcel at A2 level, let me know if ever there's anything I can help you with. I know the specification is a little bit different for the reformed A levels but I will know most of it I'm sure :smile:

I also do Human Biology with AQA so I may be able to help with Biology if ever you should need it !

Good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by beyknowles2
I'm currently doing Psychology with Edexcel at A2 level, let me know if ever there's anything I can help you with. I know the specification is a little bit different for the reformed A levels but I will know most of it I'm sure :smile:

I also do Human Biology with AQA so I may be able to help with Biology if ever you should need it !

Good luck :biggrin:

Did you ever have to do spearmens or Mann-whitney U?
Original post by Ribenas
(This idea was inspired by 'Laurasaur' check out her A2 Study Journal)

Aw, good luck! I hope you get the grades you are aiming for!:jumphug:
Original post by Ribenas
Did you ever have to do spearmens or Mann-whitney U?

We had to know when to use them and how to interpret them, that's it !
Reply 6
Original post by Laurasaur
Aw, good luck! I hope you get the grades you are aiming for!:jumphug:

Thanks! :smile: I want to do a sports scholarship to the USA so I need good grades. The better the grades, the better my scholarship should be :biggrin:
Reply 7
We had to know when to use them and how to interpret them, that's it !

I am struggling with the equations atm :s-smilie: and I need to write how to do it in my notes which I can't do if i don't get it. No where really explains it well.
And for Sociology I do it for A2 and got an A last year, so if you need help just shoot a PM this way. :smile:
Original post by Ribenas
I am struggling with the equations atm :s-smilie: and I need to write how to do it in my notes which I can't do if i don't get it. No where really explains it well.

Is it remembering the equations you find difficult or?
Reply 10
Is it remembering the equations you find difficult or?

The equation will be provided for but as I missed the lesson it was taught in I am stuck self teaching myself which as you can tell I am struggling with :frown:
Original post by Ribenas
The equation will be provided for but as I missed the lesson it was taught in I am stuck self teaching myself which as you can tell I am struggling with :frown:

Ah, I feel bad for you because you have to do some much more than us :/

Have you tried these?:
http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Mann-Whitney_U_testhttp://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/Spearman's_rank_correlation_coefficient
Reply 12
November
:bl::bl::bl:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
December UPDATE:
Psychology Mock - 86% = A
I spent the whole of yesterday making flash cards on the social approach!

Happy Xmas TSR reader! :snowm::snowm::snowm:
Original post by Ribenas
December UPDATE:
Psychology Mock - 86% = A
I spent the whole of yesterday making flash cards on the social approach!

Happy Xmas TSR reader! :snowm::snowm::snowm:

Well done!! How you finding Psychology so far? :h:
Reply 15
Well done!! How you finding Psychology so far? :h:

Amazing! I took it for GCSE and some of the topics overlap which helps. Do you take psychology also? :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending