Is it a borrower's market? Question at interview

Watch
Wolfram222
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was recently asked the question why it is a borrower's market at the moment in the world of financing. I gave it my best shot but I was wondering whether any lawyers out there could explain in some detail why it is a borrower's market now so that I know for the future?
happyinthehaze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wolfram222)
I was recently asked the question why it is a borrower's market at the moment in the world of financing. I gave it my best shot but I was wondering whether any lawyers out there could explain in some detail why it is a borrower's market now so that I know for the future?
Try ROF - but they may rip you to shreds.

PS this kinda sorta sounds like you haven't actually done the IV yet and are touting for answers. Just sayin

PS - I don't think it is
TCchaser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wolfram222)
To be honest, I don't really think it's a 'lawyer' question. It's a 'commercial lawyer' question, but even then, lots of commercial lawyers don't actually have the foggiest about investments etc.

But as someone who does dabble in investments, I'd say the answer to the question is yes and no.

It's a yes in the sense that borrowers are benefitting from low interest rates. Lenders are not really making money on lending money out. As interest rates rise, that relationship obviously changes.

However, I think that in this post-2008 era, lenders are understandably increasingly cautious about who they lend to. That's one reason why lots of people are finding it hard to buy homes.

An interesting slant to bring in would be crowdfunding.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (658)
33.55%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (833)
42.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (381)
19.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (89)
4.54%

Watched Threads