Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I predict I got 10 marks..MAX. Anyone else take it?

ReputationRep:
    How could u hav done AQA P4 when i'm doing AQA P4 next monday!!! :confused:

... just had S4 today, it was harder than expected, but went okay.

ReputationRep:
    What the...
    I'm sure it was AQA P4!!

ReputationRep:
    There's "AQA Mathematics A" and "AQA Mathematics and Statistics B".

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA Pure 4 today and found it tricky, mainly because I had a brainstorm at the start and spent ten minutes trying to get the first question done the wrong way without substituting in the value. Got it when I came back to it at the end though. I find it far harder than Pure 5 though, which is only really 3 things. On the plus side, the results are scaled up for UMS, so you only need 70% for an A 63% for a B and 55% for a C (ish as it changes each year). Which other ones have you sat by the way? Are you in year 12 or 13?

ReputationRep:
    hhhmmm.. weird everyone i spoke to today and myself included found the exam quite easy?! which parts did you find hard?

hiroki

ReputationRep:
    Year 12, jumped straight up from P1 to P4 because that's the way our school does maths and further maths. I'm gutted, I needed decent marks in P4 because I missed out an entire question in D1, because I ran out of time, and that was a pretty easy exam. Lost a lot of marks, needed to make them up in P4 , but unfortuntaley I didn't. If I had finished D1 and did well ( high 90s) I wouldn't be in this situation now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I found the P4 exam really hard also. Although I did find it easier than the P2 paper I sat before it. That was a weird kind of paper! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was unbelievably hard in the exam, but I practically answered two questions in my head after I got out. Q1 was ok, Q2 I found tricky, Q3 was likewise tricky (and I now know where I went wrong on the argand diagram, but should only lose a mark, maybe two ) Q4 I've totally screwed cos' I used the wrong angle (right method though, and one of the correct roots, unbelievalby :rolleyes: ) Q5 I thought was really easy, and Q6 was wierd proofs that I couldn't proove precisely, but close enough.

Maybe a B I'm thinking, C perhaps. I thought i might get a B in P6 as well, so that's screwed my 'A in Fmaths' idea, unless I ace M2 :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I got the first one mark question, and the second part just led to bizarre simultaneous equations that stretched out into the sunset.
    Argand diagram question was Ok, as was the one with subtituting x=y-3. I half attempted the rest of the questions. I couldn't believe that the one thing I never expected to see on a P4 paper , series, came one. And like an idiot, I used partial fractions for the first part of that question instead of straightforward common denominator stuff.
    And the one thing I revised like anything and felt even vaguely conifdent about, proofs, didn't ****ing come up once.

ReputationRep:
    I here you mate. I was gagging for a proof by induction question, but there was none. Shocking. Ah well, forget about for now. Whatever we go we got, hopefully they may lower the grade boundaries, but hey - who knows? Just hope we do well in M2, and hope M2 Coursework pulls me up a grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jar)
    Yeah, I found the P4 exam really hard also. Although I did find it easier than the P2 paper I sat before it. That was a weird kind of paper! :confused:
    I found the P2 paper quite hard ...and I'm now dreading P3

ReputationRep:
    Oops, i'm doing 'Mathematics and Statistics B', and my P4 exam is on this coming monday.

I hope it isn't as hard as your paper was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    I found the P2 paper quite hard ...and I'm now dreading P3

If you're talking MAP2, wed afternoon, (the one with the staircase diagram) then yes, it was kinda different to a lot of the past papers, particularly the big iteration question, wasn't expecting that!

To all of you who are in year 12 and took P4 - don't worry, I took it last year and I promise its a million times easier in the resit. I got 58% first time round, and 92% in the resit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mat666)
    I here you mate. I was gagging for a proof by induction question, but there was none. Shocking. Ah well, forget about for now. Whatever we go we got, hopefully they may lower the grade boundaries, but hey - who knows? Just hope we do well in M2, and hope M2 Coursework pulls me up a grade

You sitting MAM2 on monday? me too - but I'm doing MAS1 too, like two totally opposite topics in one morning!

I'm really pleased I've found some people on the same syllabus as me!

ReputationRep:
    Ay, M2 in the morning. It should be ok, M2 usually is

ReputationRep:
    Strangely, of all the maths exams i did, (P4, P5, P6 and S2) I reckon this is the one I did best on. Came out of the exam on a high, which is the best feeling!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.