The Student Room Group

Arkwright engineering scholarship 2016

hi, My teacher signed me up to do the arkwright engineeerig scholarship in February. I have to fill in my application form, but apparantley it gets marked so i'm worried i might mess it up. Can anyone give me tips on how to fill in the form. Also, I tried doing the aptitude papers and i think i know how to do section 1 but i really need help in Section 2. If there's anyone that has done this scholarship before, can you please help me?
Ah I'm doing it too so worried about all of it:frown: what are you doing for your project part:smile:
I might just hand in my gcse project coz I don't think I'll have time to make another one :? do you know wat to do for section B?
What have you done for your projects?I'm not sure what project I want to submit?
umm. i've made a dollhouse, it helps with child development nd stuff.. wat bout u?
I've done a project with a series of development into earthquake proof and wind proof buildings which measuring mass concentration, pressure and strain. I've also supported my solution with a CAD image and tried to explain my solution mathematically. The only problem I've had is that my project appears extremely dull in the way that I've presented it.

Posted from Terrible TSR Mobile App
no that acctually sounds really good go for it. if you want just do some other little projects and submit that aswell. Have you sent your application yet?
Original post by bubblegum219
no that acctually sounds really good go for it. if you want just do some other little projects and submit that aswell. Have you sent your application yet?

I've done two other projects, one small scale electric car I'm in the process of doing, the other an adaptation to a generic chair that makes it safer for children to use. I'm hoping that I'm able to do the aptitude exam well so that the overall quality of my application is raised.

Written using a typewriter
woah thats soo much!! I've literally done nothing! all I have is a dollhouse and I might make a hydraulic arm or something. Can you name the projects ur gonna do in the application and do them after u submit the application and show them proof later? section A for the test doesn't seem that bad but I'm dead for section B
Original post by bubblegum219
woah thats soo much!! I've literally done nothing! all I have is a dollhouse and I might make a hydraulic arm or something. Can you name the projects ur gonna do in the application and do them after u submit the application and show them proof later? section A for the test doesn't seem that bad but I'm dead for section B

Remember that you have until April for the interview, so just make sure you have a really good idea of what you're gonna do, but don't use this as your major project. For the exam I think I'll just revise my product design theory and speak to my teacher about any specific things I should revise.

Not using the app cos I'm cool
yh.. thnx though nd I shuld prob make something else aswell but the deadline is on the 14th so yh.. oh well. good luck! oh nd i think we need to revise gears and mechanics coz it comes up often, so it might be useful /:
I did my interview a couple of weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone else has done it yet
i did mine last week
How did yours go? And do you know when the results are sent out?
Had mine a couple of days ago, went well and we'll find out sometime in July
Thank you😃 hope you's all do well
I received the email 3 hours ago.I got in! I'm very happy and proud; I was in the Imperial College group.How did it go for the rest of you?
Reply 17
I also got in, I was actually at maths camp when I got the email which is a bit stereotypical. I was at imperial college too but I can't remember anyone and there was more than one day too I think...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending