The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Accommodation at Sussex for foundation year

If I do a foundation year at sussex, do i get the same accommodation as everyone else?

thanks in advance fellows

meep
Original post by blue_marmalade
If I do a foundation year at sussex, do i get the same accommodation as everyone else?

thanks in advance fellows

meep

Yes, and probably the year after
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hey, I went to the foundation year talk at Sussex at an open day (just been offered a place! Which foundation are you looking at?) and they confirmed that you can get halls for both foundation year and first year.
I'm currently studying foundation engineering at sussex.
If you have any questions let me know
Original post by Flux_Dubstep
I'm currently studying foundation engineering at sussex.
If you have any questions let me know

I'm thinking about ing a social sciences foundation year, just wondering what are classes like in terms f age range and international students? Also what is it like in terms of student life, nightlife and shopping? And just the vibe of the uni in general
Original post by EvaHarington
I'm thinking about ing a social sciences foundation year, just wondering what are classes like in terms f age range and international students? Also what is it like in terms of student life, nightlife and shopping? And just the vibe of the uni in general

Don't know anybody on social science foundation year, but for engineering, there is about 100 people on my course, although i'd say its closer to 60 who actually attend lectures regularly. I currently share a few lectures with foundation physics/maths. So I reckon you'd probably share a few lectures with other foundation year.
In my course there is a few international students, but I'm not sure if they might just have moved to England recently. But in regards to the actual uni, there is international students all over the place, not sure what they actually study though.
The campus is only a 10minute train ride or a slightly lengthier bus with £3 return, There's loads of clubs in brighton that are always busy, and there is large clubnight for almost every day I think.
do you know if they're lenient or not with the foundation years? with the offer of CCC and say you get BCE, do you reckon they'd still accept you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending