Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive just been on to the AQA site and got the grade boundries for last years GCSE's. im not sure if ive understood them properly though. it shows you what the maximum mark you could get for each subject is eg. in chem higher tier it was 200 and what mark you need for an A*,A,B.....
    what im confused about is the fact that it seems you only needed around 75% for an a* and 60-odd % for and A. in fact all the boundries seemed really low as i have been led to belive you need at least 70% for an A in chem. am i reading them wrong or were they really low last year? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The boundaries for last year's AQA Science (higher) were low in comparison to the usual boundaries you find say in English.

The boundaries were overall something as follows: 39% C, 50% B, 62% A and 73% A*.

I don't think there will be a dramatic change in boundaries this year. I guess you've done well so far then

ReputationRep:
    dont forget that its 75% of the exam(out of 100%) and 18% of the cwk (out of 20%) to get an A*.
    75% of 80 is 60.
    60 +18 = 78.
    so in actual fact you have to get about 80% to get an A*.

thats separate chem anyway.

ReputationRep:
    i assumed the fact that it said it was out of 200 hundred included the fact that you do coursework. i reckon ive done really badly in my chem exam. i guess it was just one of those days i didnt understand anything. ill just have to re-take it next year if i get a crap mark

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.