The Student Room Group

Opinions on my situation would be appreciated

I have currently been with my boyfriend for 5 years. Our relationship was good the first few years but recently it's become toxic! He does not like me going out with friends and has become extremely possessive and paranoid. I have tried to encourage him to join me on these days/nights out with friends but he refuses. Which obviously makes me feel trapped and unhappy because he will cause a big argument when I make plans to go out.

But over the past year I have been exchanging snaps with a "famous" music manager of a group I am a big fan of. 2 weeks ago he came to my city and asked me to meet him. I agreed and the next day I went to his hotel and we spent the day together. He said he is due to be in my city a lot more with his job and that we can meet again. He has a fiancé I must mention..

I do not feel guilty for this and I know most people would. I also know it is wrong, I want to tell my Boyfriend but I'm scared over how he will react because he has made past statements in the past such as "if you ever cheated I would kill you" or "I would ruin your life" Some of the friends I have told about this have said they wouldn't tell him. So I would like people's opinions or advice.
Lol your boyfriend isn't your boyfriend, more like a prison warden. You aren't a possession, dump the f**** and move on.
Original post by Anonymous
I have currently been with my boyfriend for 5 years. Our relationship was good the first few years but recently it's become toxic! He does not like me going out with friends and has become extremely possessive and paranoid. I have tried to encourage him to join me on these days/nights out with friends but he refuses. Which obviously makes me feel trapped and unhappy because he will cause a big argument when I make plans to go out.

But over the past year I have been exchanging snaps with a "famous" music manager of a group I am a big fan of. 2 weeks ago he came to my city and asked me to meet him. I agreed and the next day I went to his hotel and we spent the day together. He said he is due to be in my city a lot more with his job and that we can meet again. He has a fiancé I must mention..

I do not feel guilty for this and I know most people would. I also know it is wrong, I want to tell my Boyfriend but I'm scared over how he will react because he has made past statements in the past such as "if you ever cheated I would kill you" or "I would ruin your life" Some of the friends I have told about this have said they wouldn't tell him. So I would like people's opinions or advice.

Why not just break up with the crazy BF? Its obvious he is a bit likely to potentially kill you if you 'cheat' on him, its especially scary when you realise you don't know what HE defines as cheating.... tread carefully

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending