RebeccaMartin_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I finished school June 2014, studied at a university for a year but really didn't like the course I was on so dropped out and have started working.

I am now wanting to reapply for university, for entry in September 2016 but obviously I'm not applying through a school this time so everything is a little confusing for me.

Who can I use as a reference on my application and how does it work?
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Are all your bridges burnt at school, and at your last uni? Can you get any decent comments from your current workplace?

I'd probably start with contacting your school, in a letter, to explain your situation and seek advice. All you need is one individual who has the capacity to wish you well, and the authority for that wish to have value. Good luck.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Are all your bridges burnt at school, and at your last uni? Can you get any decent comments from your current workplace?

I'd probably start with contacting your school, in a letter, to explain your situation and seek advice. All you need is one individual who has the capacity to wish you well, and the authority for that wish to have value. Good luck.
I agree- contact your old school for info and advice.
Reference wise- could you use your old school, old uni, workplace, or anyone from any clubs/societies you attend?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaMartin_)
So I finished school June 2014, studied at a university for a year but really didn't like the course I was on so dropped out and have started working.

I am now wanting to reapply for university, for entry in September 2016 but obviously I'm not applying through a school this time so everything is a little confusing for me.

Who can I use as a reference on my application and how does it work?
If you completed a year at university, your new university will expect a reference from your tutor there. Contact them and ask - and do it pretty soon, because it's December tomorrow and university terms will be coming to an end soon. You don't want to miss the Jan 15th deadline and your referee will need some notice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (52)
65.82%
I don't have everything I need (27)
34.18%

Watched Threads