What is life like in Cheltenham and Gloucester as a student Watch

Hinch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thinking of going to the University of Gloucestershire and not sure what the life is like there during the day and at night? Anyone have any comments they want to share?
naomigibbard
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I went to the University of Gloucestershire, and studied Fine Art!! I'm not really a party animal, but liked going to pubs and having food with my friends! Theres loads of places to go out like that if you're into that type of thing... The Frog and Fiddle is where everyone goes for a cheap drink, but you can also take in your own food which makes it even cheaper!
Hinch
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Did you find a lot of people went to your student Union? I was at Park and did Television Production so I only ever really went to our SU, unless there was a big event on at the FCH or Oxstalls SU.
username1495504
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's pretty good imo but if you're coming from a big city it may seem small?
I lived in a town that wasn't that convenient for going out as I had to travel to the city next to me or to the next town for night life so I find Cheltenham easy to go out in. I only went out at home once or twice but now I can say I go out lots.

The main clubs students go to in Cheltenham are MooMoos, Fever and Kukui. MooMoos is big with 3 floors, pretty nice inside with a variety of music across the floors (middle is best music imo).
Fever is right next door to MooMoos with 2 floors. It is a lot smaller but plays the best music (they blast out sclub7 what is there not to like? ) and is free entry.
Kukui is one large floor that is jungle/tiki hut themed. They even have a piranha tank. Music is decent.

There are lots of underground clubs like Subtone (basically a converted basement lol) and bar type places such as Revolution, Yates, 'Spoons ect.
Frog and Fiddle is nice for a quiet drink with mates.

I haven't really been out in Gloucester but apparently Liquid is the only club worth going to. Most students based in Gloucester come to Cheltenham for their nights out. It's £1.30 on the bus with a student card. Only sport related degrees are based in Gloucester as far as I'm aware anyway.

Sport is good at the uni too if you're interested in that. There are various societies too. I also like Cheltenham town centre, it has good shops.
aimeevhills
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hinch)
Thinking of going to the University of Gloucestershire and not sure what the life is like there during the day and at night? Anyone have any comments they want to share?
Im studying at UoG, it all depends on what you're planning on studying, and what campus you'd be based on.
Im currently based on FCH which is in Cheltenham, about 10 minutes away from Park Campus.
Its really close to the town centre, which has loads of your standard high street shops, and loads of bars if you're into that sort of thing.
Really close to FCH is 'The Brewery', which has a cinema and bowling as well as eateries, such as Nando's and Frankie and Benny's.
The SU put on different events, so do the societies you can sign up to.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Aimee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Gloucestershire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 9 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads

Latest