LSE Alternative Investments Conference - Hedge Fund Networking (1st Dec Deadline) Watch

plan_up_sleeve
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you all something I found out about by email that could be super useful to you if you're looking for networking with top funds:

"LSE SU Alternative Investments Conference 2016, the world's largest student-run conference on Hedge Funds and Private Equity.

The 2016 AIC will take place at the five star London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square on the 18th and 19th of January 2016.

Apply now by submitting your CV on our website www.lseaic.com. All applicant CVs/resumes will be distributed to our sponsors, many of which are recruiting.

To learn more, please watch our promotional video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r5gBR7sK7M

Registration deadline: 1st December 2015 (23:59 GMT)
Where: London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
When: 18th and 19th January 2016

The 2016 AIC will be the tenth edition of the Conference; over the past ten years, it has grown to become the world's largest student conference on hedge funds and private equity. Last year's Conference welcomed students, undergraduates to PhD candidates, from over 70 top universities worldwide; we received over 6,300 applications for the 350 seats available.

The AIC is comprised of a mixture of keynote speeches, panel discussions, and seminars that aim to provide a dynamic and interactive educational experience and to offer the student delegates a holistic overview of the two industries.

Confirmed speakers include:

- David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of The Carlyle Group
- David Bonderman, Founding and Managing Partner of TPG Capital
- Guy Hands, Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Terra Firma
- Rachel Lord, Head of iShares (EMEA) at BlackRock
- Paul Singer, Founder and CEO of Elliott Management
- Melissa Bethell, Managing Director at Bain Capital
- Pierre Lagrange, Co-Founder of GLG Partners
- Yoel Zaoui, Founding Partner of Zaoui & Co
- Douglas Haynes, President of Point72 Asset Management
- Lionel Assant, Head of European Private Equity at Blackstone
- Effie Datson, Senior Managing Director, Global Head of AIS Product Management at State Street
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder and Co-Managing partner of SkyBridge Capital
- Simona Paravani-Mellinghoff, Head of the Fiduciary Business at BlackRock
- Alexander Friedman, CEO of GAM Holding
- Alan Giddins, Managing Partner of 3i Group
- Simon Patterson, Managing Director at Silver Lake

If you are interested in Alternative Investments, this is the place to be! You will have the opportunity to hear the insights of leading industry luminaries and increase job opportunities through networking. Visit our website www.lseaic.com to find out more about this amazing opportunity and to register.

Deadline for applications is the 1st December!

You can also visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/AlternativeInvestmentsConference "

What are your thoughts on this? I'm applying tonight since it's deadline day tomorrow.
blue-city
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
what they don't tell you is that it costs £120.......
AnonymousPrince319413
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got sent this email from my uni email address and honestly something about this seems dodgy it feels like a scam.... (I could be wrong though).
plan_up_sleeve
Rep:
?
Well it's apparently been around for ten years and the firm managing the CV submission that I submitted to (Dartmouth Partners) is a well-known recruitment firm so I'm pretty sure it's not a "Nigerian Prince" scam
Kiltennel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Considering Dartmouth are involved it is more than likely they will be screening all CVs for the funds involved. Taking that into account, I'd reach out to Dartmouth to see what internships are available at different funds and how strong of a candidate you realistically are, rather than spending £119 pounds on it.
plan_up_sleeve
Rep:
?
That's a good idea, I'll definitely try that. £119 seems steep but the names are huge and you never know whether you may get along with at least one of the speakers if you ask good questions, that's the strategy I'm going with anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads