Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Parents forcing you to end a relationship. watch

ReputationRep:
    My parents have basically forced me to end my relationship with my girlfriend. We've known eachother for a year and been going out almost 3 months, and they are forcing me to end it just because she left some love bites on my neck.
    There is no other way I can see her, she lives quite far away and my parents are pretty much the only way to see her.
    I am in tears right now and feel so sick. I want to murder my parents, right now.
    Surely no-one elses parents are this strict..

ReputationRep:
    That's terrible!

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    My parents have basically forced me to end my relationship with my girlfriend. We've known eachother for a year and been going out almost 3 months, and they are forcing me to end it just because she left some love bites on my neck.
    There is no other way I can see her, she lives quite far away and my parents are pretty much the only way to see her.
    I am in tears right now and feel so sick. I want to murder my parents, right now.
    a lot of parents are strict, some peoples wouldnt even let them have a bf/gf in the first place.
    you surely dont want to murder ur parents that would be silly.
    explain to them the love bites are a sign of love and not of a vampire.

ReputationRep:
    The sun comes out and everybody's relationships seem to fall to pieces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    a lot of parents are strict, some peoples wouldnt even let them have a bf/gf in the first place.
    you surely dont want to murder ur parents that would be silly.
    explain to them the love bites are a sign of love and not of a vampire.
    I won't have any of this blatent discrimination against vampires here on UKL.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    The sun comes out and everybody's relationships seem to fall to pieces.
    i always find the opposite, people always seem to get together over the summer and are over by christmas.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I won't have any of this blatent discrimination against vampires here on UKL.

MB
    how am i discriminating??!! i love vampires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    If there really is no other way the you should just stop talking to them. That will give them the message eventually. But you have to be stubborn no talking to them what soever. If they punish you take it but don't say a word to them until they let you see her again. If you really like her it will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I can't understand why the hell some parents don't want their kids to have a bf/gf. It seems a bit strict. But then if ever I'm a parent I'm sure I'll understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Tell them to stay out of your business, what harm is a girlfriend anyway. In fact what the hell has it got to do with them at all. Just tell them you arnt going to end anything and ignore them when they talk about it. They need to stop being so selfish its bloody crazy.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you dude?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Tell them to stay out of your business, what harm is a girlfriend anyway. In fact what the hell has it got to do with them at all. Just tell them you arnt going to end anything and ignore them when they talk about it. They need to stop being so selfish its bloody crazy.
    Hmm, the problem is that if HE is implicating them (by having to get a ride in the car with them) then they are actually entitled to a say. When you're independent of your parents fully then you can make independent decisions. Tough cookies atm it seems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    That's terrible!

MB
    i know! love bites are disgusting!!

but no, it is a bad thing for parents to do that! rebel! rebel!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    If there really is no other way the you should just stop talking to them. That will give them the message eventually. But you have to be stubborn no talking to them what soever. If they punish you take it but don't say a word to them until they let you see her again. If you really like her it will be worth it.
    i disagree. i think you should be mature about it, sit down and discuss it with them, and try to explain yourself and come to some agreement. if you "stop talking to them", surely it will just give his parents more ammunition that he is not mature enough to have a girlfriend. act like a grownup, be treated like a grownup.

ReputationRep:
    Theyre going on about how its not the love bite.. its what it leads to.. and how my life can be ****ed up in 1 minute. The lack of trust is sickening.

Has anyone else ever been through this situation?

ReputationRep:
    point one, stop crying. point two, summer is coming my lad, there are other ways to move around (trains, boats and planes), you needn't rely on your parents. point three, your parents are being unreasonable. remind them that they have done far worse than lovebites, hence your existence. point four, can't she come see you sometimes? why do you have to go see her? point five, good luck but if it is hopeless, cheer up, there is a summer of love upon you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Theyre going on about how its not the love bite.. its what it leads to.. and how my life can be ****ed up in 1 minute. The lack of trust is sickening.

Has anyone else ever been through this situation?
    point six, this is stupid of your parents, there is a distinct difference between lovebites and sex and you would do well to scream so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i disagree. i think you should be mature about it, sit down and discuss it with them, and try to explain yourself and come to some agreement. if you "stop talking to them", surely it will just give his parents more ammunition that he is not mature enough to have a girlfriend. act like a grownup, be treated like a grownup.
    I said that on the assumption that all else has failed. If he has spoken to his parents rationally and they won't listen to him then he should try and be less reasonable. I mean I just assumed that all reasonable routes had be a failure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    thats disgusting of them... try and reason with them further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    point three, your parents are being unreasonable. remind them that they have done far worse than lovebites, hence your existence.
    I agree with all your post apart from this bit Nik! Won't go down well with most parents, and isn't really a very fair comment to make . I'm sure they have your best interests at heart, Ghost , next time don't get any tacky love bites

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.