Do you have to have a provisional driving license when you start your lessons?

Watch
hannolivia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My first lesson is in 11 days, but I'm only sending off the forms for my provisional license tomorrow. In case it's not here by then, will I be able to start my first lesson without it if it'll arrive a couple of days later or would I have to postpone that first lesson>
DylanJ42
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will have to postpone it. Instructors need to see your provisional licence on your first lesson with them. Hopefully your license comes in time though
username1967813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hannolivia)
My first lesson is in 11 days, but I'm only sending off the forms for my provisional license tomorrow. In case it's not here by then, will I be able to start my first lesson without it if it'll arrive a couple of days later or would I have to postpone that first lesson>
You'll need to postpone. As far as I'm aware you need a provisional licence in order to drive a car.
jlsmpV2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends who you know
hannolivia
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by DylanJ42)
You will have to postpone it. Instructors need to see your provisional licence on your first lesson with them. Hopefully your license comes in time though
(Original post by connieiscrazy)
You'll need to postpone. As far as I'm aware you need a provisional licence in order to drive a car.
I didn't realise that I could apply online so I'm doing that now, do you reckon that'll be quicker or not? I'm desperate for it to be here on time!
DylanJ42
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I didn't realise that I could apply online so I'm doing that now, do you reckon that'll be quicker or not? I'm desperate for it to be here on time!
I applied for mines online, I don't remember exactly how long it took but I remember it being quite quick.

Worst case scenario you start lessons a week later. I wouldn't get stressed about it, it's not a big deal!
Asolare
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
Any good driving instructor will expect to see it - you will have to unfortunately postpone it if you don't receive it by then!
username1967813
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I applied online, it took a couple of weeks for mine to come
greenmath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you apply online and use the same picture as your passport you'll receive it quicker. I received mine about 2-4 days after applying back in May. Funnily enough my driving instructor didn't even ask to see it in my first lesson
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (386)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (297)
43.48%

Watched Threads