The Student Room Group

Do you have to have a provisional driving license when you start your lessons?

My first lesson is in 11 days, but I'm only sending off the forms for my provisional license tomorrow. In case it's not here by then, will I be able to start my first lesson without it if it'll arrive a couple of days later or would I have to postpone that first lesson>
You will have to postpone it. Instructors need to see your provisional licence on your first lesson with them. Hopefully your license comes in time though :biggrin:
Original post by hannolivia
My first lesson is in 11 days, but I'm only sending off the forms for my provisional license tomorrow. In case it's not here by then, will I be able to start my first lesson without it if it'll arrive a couple of days later or would I have to postpone that first lesson>

You'll need to postpone. As far as I'm aware you need a provisional licence in order to drive a car.
Reply 3
Depends who you know
Reply 4
Original post by DylanJ42
You will have to postpone it. Instructors need to see your provisional licence on your first lesson with them. Hopefully your license comes in time though :biggrin:

Original post by connieiscrazy
You'll need to postpone. As far as I'm aware you need a provisional licence in order to drive a car.

I didn't realise that I could apply online so I'm doing that now, do you reckon that'll be quicker or not? I'm desperate for it to be here on time!
I didn't realise that I could apply online so I'm doing that now, do you reckon that'll be quicker or not? I'm desperate for it to be here on time!

I applied for mines online, I don't remember exactly how long it took but I remember it being quite quick.

Worst case scenario you start lessons a week later. I wouldn't get stressed about it, it's not a big deal!
Reply 6
Any good driving instructor will expect to see it - you will have to unfortunately postpone it if you don't receive it by then!

I applied online, it took a couple of weeks for mine to come :smile:

If you apply online and use the same picture as your passport you'll receive it quicker. I received mine about 2-4 days after applying back in May. Funnily enough my driving instructor didn't even ask to see it in my first lesson:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending