The Student Room Group
Original post by ayodeji96
Hey,
I've recently got conditional offers from Westminster, Greenwich, London South Bank and Middlesex and was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on which University would be best for me to study Accounting and Finance at?

Hi,

I'm Laura and I'm a current student at the University of Greenwich.

It is really hard to pick a University but it's important to pick the one that is right for you. The good thing about studying a business programme in Greenwich, is the location. It is just across the water from buildings such as Canary Wharf which have the potential to hold so many opportunities.

However, I would advise looking at websites such as UniStats and WhatUni to look at statistics across Universities which may help to make up your mind. I would also advise making a list of pros and cons, as a visual list always helps me to make decisions. Social media is also a great place to learn about Universities and what its actually like to go there :smile:

Any more questions, then let me know :smile:
Thanks
Just got my last offer aswell from City University
Thanks
Just got my last offer aswell from City University

Congratulations!! :smile: have you decided which Uni you're going to choose yet? Or have any other questions I could help with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not yet
Still deciding...
Not yet
Still deciding...

Well good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do people keep asking questions like this? We know nothing about you. We don't know what your strengths and weaknesses are. We don't know what you value in a university or what facilities are important to you. We don't know your grades or predictions.

As Laura said in post 2 there are plenty of resources available to you to help you make up your own mind. Have you looked at any of those? Where do you think you would like to go?

If those are your options then it really doesn't matter where you go.
Original post by Duncan2012
Why do people keep asking questions like this? We know nothing about you. We don't know what your strengths and weaknesses are. We don't know what you value in a university or what facilities are important to you. We don't know your grades or predictions.

As Laura said in post 2 there are plenty of resources available to you to help you make up your own mind. Have you looked at any of those? Where do you think you would like to go?

If those are your options then it really doesn't matter where you go.

I asked what Uni would be best for Accounting and Finance, so I'm asking for your personal opinions that's all... You don't need my life story for that do you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by laurampaterson
Well good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank You :smile:
I asked what Uni would be best for Accounting and Finance, so I'm asking for your personal opinions that's all... You don't need my life story for that do you?

Actually, you asked "...if anyone would be able to advise me on which University would be best for me to study Accounting and Finance at?" I added the bold. If you wanted to know 'the best' university for that course then you can find that yourself in league tables, you don't need us to tell you.

Instead, you asked which uni is best 'for you' to study at, hence the reason for my questions, as 'the best' uni might not be 'the best uni for you'.

Suffice to say none of your choices are 'the best' for your course, which is why I said it doesn't matter where you go.
Come london south bank :u:
Original post by Duncan2012
Actually, you asked "...if anyone would be able to advise me on which University would be best for me to study Accounting and Finance at?" I added the bold. If you wanted to know 'the best' university for that course then you can find that yourself in league tables, you don't need us to tell you.

Instead, you asked which uni is best 'for you' to study at, hence the reason for my questions, as 'the best' uni might not be 'the best uni for you'.

Suffice to say none of your choices are 'the best' for your course, which is why I said it doesn't matter where you go.

Okay... Thanks for that
@ayodeji96

congratulations on your offers

i personally think you should go to city university as its really good for accounting, thats what i have heard

i wanted to apply for them but there accounting and finance entry requirements is AAA
if you don't mind me asking what were your predicted grades?
Hey guys, need help. Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 2A*2A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you
Original post by malcolmDR
Hey guys, need help. Long story short, applied in October for medicine, but now want to change to accounting and finance. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to reapply completely for a new course. I applied to 5 unis, got 1 offer and 1 rejection. Im predicted 2A*2A., and wanted to know if I can still to apply to top unis? Thank you

Sorry for the late reply. If you've already made five choices then you may have to wait for UCAS Extra which opens on 25th February and then you can apply for one university at a time. However you'll need to send them a new personal statement justifying your change of heart :smile: hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You would be stupid to not pick city, Its considered the best and the most prestigious A&F programme after Warwick and LSEs.

Latest

Trending

Trending