Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do this module today? I found all the past papers fairly straightforward, but i thought that this paper was really weird - didn't feel confident about any of the questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krow1209)
    Did anyone do this module today? I found all the past papers fairly straightforward, but i thought that this paper was really weird - didn't feel confident about any of the questions!
    It was seriously the worst statistics paper i have ever seen..Surely, the boundaries will have to be lower!
    BTW, for question 2 where n is increased what didi you put down for part i and part ii?

ReputationRep:
    For 2 i) i put that increasing n would decrease the width of the CI, but i was really stumpted by ii). I put increase because there would be less chance of 135.0 being in the CI but i think that this is wrong! I didn't like the last parts of Q4 when you had to say which suggestions were invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krow1209)
    For 2 i) i put that increasing n would decrease the width of the CI, but i was really stumpted by ii). I put increase because there would be less chance of 135.0 being in the CI but i think that this is wrong! I didn't like the last parts of Q4 when you had to say which suggestions were invalid.
    Yeah, i came up with the same answer for those...
    and for question 4 i only managed to prove that A was invalid
    did you answer question 1 part bi and bii?? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    same, i only managed to prove that A was invalid.

for question 1 i had no clue about how to calculate the sd, so i basically just multiplied by first sd by 280! i basically thought that for the next part, i had to work out a normal distribution.

what about the type 1 errors question? that was really confusing.....

ReputationRep:
    YES, hated that type I errors question, i just thought that all Type I errors were 5% if sig values were 95%? looks like i didn't revise enough!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.