RPNL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

can anyone tell me what a discretionary payment is please?

Just received a letter saying 'I can confirm that we have awarded you with an extra 60 days discretionary payment as you suspended studies on health grounds academic year:2014/2015'No idea what this is, the wait time to call up is ridiculous.

Thanks in advance!
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi

We do not normally fund a student beyond their last date of attendance.

However, the Student Support Regulations do allow for discretion to continue paying support if you have suspended due to exceptional circumstances. E.g. if you are unable to work or claim benefits after leaving your course. Or if you have suspended your course due to medical reasons or pregnancy.

If you have suspended your studies due to health reasons, we can award up to 60 days extra funding. In order to automatically award 60 days additional support a student must have suspended due to illness and this must be confirmed by the HEI when notifying us of the suspension. Failure to do so may result in a delay in awarding the 60 days extra funding.This would be the funding you would have received already, had you still been on the course 60 days after you left.

Thanks
RPNL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi

We do not normally fund a student beyond their last date of attendance.

However, the Student Support Regulations do allow for discretion to continue paying support if you have suspended due to exceptional circumstances. E.g. if you are unable to work or claim benefits after leaving your course. Or if you have suspended your course due to medical reasons or pregnancy.

If you have suspended your studies due to health reasons, we can award up to 60 days extra funding. In order to automatically award 60 days additional support a student must have suspended due to illness and this must be confirmed by the HEI when notifying us of the suspension. Failure to do so may result in a delay in awarding the 60 days extra funding.This would be the funding you would have received already, had you still been on the course 60 days after you left.

Thanks
Hi,

I didn't receive any funding and I suspended studies in January and returned in September, isn't it a bit strange I'm only getting a letter now?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi

It may be that the university has only informed us of this now. We only update the application when we receive notifications from them.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University