The Student Room Group

The Waitrose Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Are there any managers here that can inform me how transfers work or how I can get overtime at a different store?

The two branches are very close to each other and afaik they do a lot of liaising anyway

Do you call the branch or can you also walk in and ask to speak to a hiring manager? If you get a successful transfer, does your partner pay, holiday entitlement and everything also get transferred?

Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cave Felem
Been at Waitrose in customer service for coming up to 2 years and I'm being paid £8.01 per hour. How does everyone else compare? I have some mates who have been working for a shorter time than me at Waitrose who did worse than me in their ARPs and are being paid more :frown:

Tbh you aren't even too far from the threshold are you? I know partners who have been working for 5+ years and are trained across replen, ops and cs and their pay is still under 10£ :frown:. Unless you've undertaken team leader training or you're keyholder trained I assume that's pretty normal
Reply 822
Original post by williamgk
Are there any managers here that can inform me how transfers work or how I can get overtime at a different store?

The two branches are very close to each other and afaik they do a lot of liaising anyway

Do you call the branch or can you also walk in and ask to speak to a hiring manager? If you get a successful transfer, does your partner pay, holiday entitlement and everything also get transferred?

Thanks.

I asked my manager for a transfer so I could have a job when I go to Uni and she said that they are very rare. Not sure why that is. If the two branches are very close together then why do you want to move?

I do know some people who work in the store where they live and the one where they go to uni at, so it's not impossible.

Talk to your manager and see what they say.
Anyone know if you still get/are able to use your discount card if you're a seasonal worker. :beard:

I'm at uni, and I go back home and thus finish at the end of June and will back at the end of August. My manager said there'll definitely be work available after the summer as my contract was supposed to end at the start of July and should be getting my discount card next week - otherwise I'll just have it for a week or two :lol:
Original post by KaylaB
Anyone know if you still get/are able to use your discount card if you're a seasonal worker. :beard:

I'm at uni, and I go back home and thus finish at the end of June and will back at the end of August. My manager said there'll definitely be work available after the summer as my contract was supposed to end at the start of July and should be getting my discount card next week - otherwise I'll just have it for a week or two :lol:

You get it after 3 months employment
Reply 825
Original post by WaitroseGod
You get it after 3 months employment

Hi, I have worked at Waitrose for roughly a year now and I want to refer a family member to join a different branch than me. They have more than adequate experince,is there a way of doing this? Please do let me know. Thank you.
if you get 3 idp's can you be fired?
Original post by Senll
Hi, I have worked at Waitrose for roughly a year now and I want to refer a family member to join a different branch than me. They have more than adequate experince,is there a way of doing this? Please do let me know. Thank you.

Not really no..they need to go through the same process of applying. You could contact the PCM of the branch but it's unlikely
Is it possible to start working in Waitrose at 15?
I'll be 16 in November but I want to get a job over summer, so would it be possible to apply at 15 if I'd be turning 16 in a couple of months??
Hi - just wanted some advice really. My daughter is 17 and has started working at Waitrose about 3 weeks ago. She works Wednesday evenings and Saturdays. She is studying A Level French and plans to do a degree in French at University. We have the opportunity of going to France for 5 weeks so she may work down there and practice the language. We are in a dilemma - she loves her job at Waitrose and doesn't want to lose it, however she has this opportunity over July and August for 5 weeks. She would be happy to be unpaid over this time it would be just to keep her job. She has been told to look on the partner portal and just apply on there for the absence - there are a couple of options, planned holiday or unpaid absence. Or is it better to discuss with her supervisor. Which way would be the best way to be able to get the time off and still keep her part time job?
Original post by potatothepotato
Is it possible to start working in Waitrose at 15?
I'll be 16 in November but I want to get a job over summer, so would it be possible to apply at 15 if I'd be turning 16 in a couple of months??

The won't take you until you turn 16, unfortunately, no matter what
You could try planned holiday, but I know that my coworkers are finding that their holiday over summer is being rejected, so it might be best for her to explain the situation to her manager and try to find cover for the shifts. If unsure, suggest she corners her manager as such so their focus is on that not chasing everything else.

Original post by montydog
Hi - just wanted some advice really. My daughter is 17 and has started working at Waitrose about 3 weeks ago. She works Wednesday evenings and Saturdays. She is studying A Level French and plans to do a degree in French at University. We have the opportunity of going to France for 5 weeks so she may work down there and practice the language. We are in a dilemma - she loves her job at Waitrose and doesn't want to lose it, however she has this opportunity over July and August for 5 weeks. She would be happy to be unpaid over this time it would be just to keep her job. She has been told to look on the partner portal and just apply on there for the absence - there are a couple of options, planned holiday or unpaid absence. Or is it better to discuss with her supervisor. Which way would be the best way to be able to get the time off and still keep her part time job?
Reply 832
Hey, I can't find anyone to cover my one of my shifts. I've used up all my holidays so that's not an option. What is 'planned time banking'? Will I be able to use planned time banking? If so how do I go about doing it
Hi, I have a job interview for 29th June, but i have a prebooked holiday 9th July. If i get the job will I be allowed to take the holiday off? it was booked months ago so way before i even applied so hopefully they will
Hi I just got this email: Thank you for your recent application for the position of Supermarket Assistant, Various Departments (Various London Branches) which has been successfully received and is currently under consideration. We will keep you informed on the progress of your application through the application centre so it is important you regularly log back in and check the status of your application. For some of our applications you may be required to complete additional tests or information within a set timeframe. If you miss these deadlines we will not be able to progress your application, so please do ensure you follow these steps.

What does this mean. Thanks in advance
Original post by ISpeakWisdom
Hi I just got this email: Thank you for your recent application for the position of Supermarket Assistant, Various Departments (Various London Branches) which has been successfully received and is currently under consideration. We will keep you informed on the progress of your application through the application centre so it is important you regularly log back in and check the status of your application. For some of our applications you may be required to complete additional tests or information within a set timeframe. If you miss these deadlines we will not be able to progress your application, so please do ensure you follow these steps.

What does this mean. Thanks in advance

It means exactly what it says...
Waitrose is a horrible place to work at. The work is long and extremely boring, the managers are usually strident straight laced scumbags and the work itself is inflexible. Like you have to book a holiday 4 weeks in advance and the pay is rubbish as well
Hey guys, what would one say when asked why you want to work at waitrose in the interview? just wondering if i should apply there or not.
How long does it take for Waitrose to process your application after this stage:

After sucessful completion of all the required online tests for the role of Selling Assistant, Various Departments, we now invite you to complete the Main Application form. The additional information you supply will enable us to progress your application.
Original post by ISpeakWisdom
How long does it take for Waitrose to process your application after this stage:

After sucessful completion of all the required online tests for the role of Selling Assistant, Various Departments, we now invite you to complete the Main Application form. The additional information you supply will enable us to progress your application.

It means that you've passed the tests and actually need to fill in the main application form because if they don't have you details they can't move your application forwards.

You need to log back in and fill in the form.

Nothing will change until you do unless the closing date passes (which will probably reject your incomplete application)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending