The Student Room Group

The Waitrose Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by Tlouise
Hey I’ve been working night shift for 3+ months
And pretty much on your first official night ( IMO in my branch ) we had to sit and do all our training prior to starting shift ( this took HOURSSSS) afterwards we were introduced to the night team and put down different isles ( to replenish stock) once all the work was done we went picking ( getting customers orders on chilled, ambient, produce and chilled ) I started working during a busy period so I learn to pick” ASAP this could happen to you OR you could be bagging ( such a chore lol ) or rolling the warehouse ( putting out even more stock longggg) after all is said and done you will put customers orders upstairs ready for the morning, and then you will face up ( turning all the stock forward and making it look neat) since your time rolls into 9am you may be racking away ( putting all the stock you did in the early hours back onto its allocated space in the warehouse ) you will be given all the proper log in details for workday when you arrive next week. GOOD LUCK!!) you will enjoy it xx

Thank you so much for replying! I must say I’m really anxious . I have been at my previous job for 15 years and having to be closed for the best part of a year through covid I have had to look for something else ! You have eased my mind a bit so I really do appreciate your message . Thanks 😊
Original post by Kimjs
Thank you so much for replying! I must say I’m really anxious . I have been at my previous job for 15 years and having to be closed for the best part of a year through covid I have had to look for something else ! You have eased my mind a bit so I really do appreciate your message . Thanks 😊

You’re very welcome !!
honestly I was so worried myself but everyone made me feel welcome and I’m hoping it’s the same experience you for <3 the night shift goes by sooooo quickly until it’s the last hour -.- Good luck ! You can always message me if you need anything else xx
Reply 1122
Original post by Tlouise
You’re very welcome !!
honestly I was so worried myself but everyone made me feel welcome and I’m hoping it’s the same experience you for <3 the night shift goes by sooooo quickly until it’s the last hour -.- Good luck ! You can always message me if you need anything else xx

Thanks so much. That’s is really kind of you 😊 xx
Hey!

Does anyone know what Waitrose are like with unpaid leave? I’m trying to plan a gap year and I really want to keep my role there! Thanks
Original post by DaisyBastin
Hey!

Does anyone know what Waitrose are like with unpaid leave? I’m trying to plan a gap year and I really want to keep my role there! Thanks

Hey,

can’t speak for every branch but my one is really good and understanding they left the spot open for this woman who has been off for 6 months, they try to hold your spot open for as long as possible but they may eventually fill it if they need more people on your shift. good luck
Original post by Tlouise
Hey,

can’t speak for every branch but my one is really good and understanding they left the spot open for this woman who has been off for 6 months, they try to hold your spot open for as long as possible but they may eventually fill it if they need more people on your shift. good luck

Thanks for your help!
Hi - I got a job offer today and accepted on the jobs website. I haven't been asked to complete the medical questionnaire yet and there is no tasks outstanding for me to complete. Should I be worried?
Original post by alfieh2002
Hi - I got a job offer today and accepted on the jobs website. I haven't been asked to complete the medical questionnaire yet and there is no tasks outstanding for me to complete. Should I be worried?

Hey, No don’t he worried they will be in touch soon for you to complete all the necessary requirements:smile: Congratulations
Reply 1128
Hi. It was a couple of weeks before I was emailed anything after accepting a job . Did they give you a start date ?
Original post by Kimjs
Hi. It was a couple of weeks before I was emailed anything after accepting a job . Did they give you a start date ?

Hi - yes, I was given a start date and accepted the offer on JLP Jobs
Original post by Tlouise
Hey, No don’t he worried they will be in touch soon for you to complete all the necessary requirements:smile: Congratulations

Thank you.
Reply 1131
Me again ! Another question. My 30 day review is almost upon me . What can I expect from this and any tips ect to get through it 😬
Original post by Kimjs
Me again ! Another question. My 30 day review is almost upon me . What can I expect from this and any tips ect to get through it 😬

Hey, your 30 day review it just a chat with your manager there’s no right or wrong ! He/ she/ they will ask you how you think you are getting on, what you want or achieve in the next 30 days so by your 90days they can make you a partner and they may just tell you a couple of things it’s a nice easy chat very relaxing x
Reply 1133
Original post by Tlouise
Hey, your 30 day review it just a chat with your manager there’s no right or wrong ! He/ she/ they will ask you how you think you are getting on, what you want or achieve in the next 30 days so by your 90days they can make you a partner and they may just tell you a couple of things it’s a nice easy chat very relaxing x

Thank you . That will settle my nerves then 😊
Hi again. I've been given login details for Workday and have onboarding tasks to complete. It says I need to complete training by going into the 'Learning' section, but I can't see it. Can anyone help?
Hi everyone,

A couple weeks ago I had a phone interview with Waitrose and the manager said that I would hear back in a week but it's now been two and when I look on jlpjobs there's nothing under my status of how everything is going, is that bad?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi everyone I received a email about invariant to a zoom interview. Can anyone help me with the questions waitrose asks? And any tips please?
Does anyone know how long it tends to be between having an interview and starting your role? I just finished a contracted role so I've got no notice period to speak of, but I'm just wondering as I got an interview invite the other day but I've got a few other job apps going as well. Bit eager to start as I'm hoping to do a masters this autumn and still need to save up some cash.

I'm also really curious about what the night shift premium is as I haven't found anything actually saying how much it is, which is a bit strange as all the other supermarkets seem to be pretty forthright about that.
I applied for a job as supermarket assistant/hospitality. I was told at the interview it would be for a new team in the cafe. The store contacted me an offered me the job but on the fish counter. They asked me how I feel about this and I said I would give it a go but I know I am not going to be able to deal with handling fish. I can’t even walk passed the fish counter without gagging. I’m hoping if I go in for the first day and show I am willing to give it a go I can see if I can move anywhere else instead otherwise I will have to say I can’t do the job. What do you think my chances are of being able to work in another area. I would do anything else apart from this counter
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello. I received an email saying that I’m in the candidate pool and wanted to know how likely it is that I’d get a place through the pool? Should I just forget about it? Did anyone get a job through the candidate pool? If yes, after how long? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending