The Student Room Group

The UCAS deadline is now only weeks away .......

Everyone - it is now DECEMBER.

The big UCAS deadline is Friday 15 January 2016. If you do not get your UCAS application to UCAS by then, the Unis do not guarantee 'equal consideration' which may mean you get an automatic rejection without your application even being read.

Although it may feel like there is loads of time to the deadline, PLEASE remember that Christmas is in the middle of this. Schools will be closed and Teachers, understandably, do not want to spend their Christmas holiday writing your academic reference.

PLEASE GET ORGANISED. Submitting your application in January is not 'clever', and submitting it on the day of the January deadline is highly risky as often the UCAS site just grinds to a halt. Do you really need that level of stress and panic?

So ..... get it done!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm applying as an independent candidate (i.e. not through a school) but I'm probably way way behind everyone else. Haven't even decided which course to apply for and therefore haven't written a personal statement either. But I have nothing to do over Christmas so 4 weeks is plenty of time IMO.
Original post by asif007
I'm applying as an independent candidate (i.e. not through a school) but I'm probably way way behind everyone else. Haven't even decided which course to apply for and therefore haven't written a personal statement either. But I have nothing to do over Christmas so 4 weeks is plenty of time IMO.

It might be for you, but your referee needs the courtesy of a decent amount of warning, so make sure they know you are going to ask them and don't spring it on them.
Reply 3
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It might be for you, but your referee needs the courtesy of a decent amount of warning, so make sure they know you are going to ask them and don't spring it on them.

My reference is in the pipeline already. The work on my part is what I haven't started yet...
Original post by asif007
My reference is in the pipeline already. The work on my part is what I haven't started yet...

Good, although it will need tweaking when you decide what you are applying for, so keep them informed.
When do we hear from UCAS about making a student finance loan application?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
When do we hear from UCAS about making a student finance loan application?

SF opens in Feb/March-ish.

Quick Reply

Latest