AS History Edexcel Watch

matt_arch_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello current AS history students,

Just wondering if anyone is studying Russia: Lenin to Yeltsin and the GDR?
What are you doing for revision?

Thankssss
TSR Jessica
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Tank Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TSRMatt)

Thankssss
Hello there!
I've now put this in the History forum so you should get a better response here!

Good luck
HeyThereItsKate
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Russia with China 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
(Original post by HeyThereItsKate)
I'm doing Russia with China 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
how are you finding Russia? where are you at right now??
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tank Girl)
Hello there!
I've now put this in the History forum so you should get a better response here!

Good luck
Hello, thank you for existing! omg you watch doctor who River comes back at Christmas...
HeyThereItsKate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how are you finding Russia? where are you at right now??
We've just started theme 4. I like Russia, but then I've studied it before at GCSE so I already have a knowledge base. You?
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
(Original post by HeyThereItsKate)
We've just started theme 4. I like Russia, but then I've studied it before at GCSE so I already have a knowledge base. You?
I didn't do it at GCSE! Well my teacher is teaching a bit from each theme It's quite an interesting course to be honest
Major Wilson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thankssss
I'm doing Russia and China.

I use this textbook for all revision at home: http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Edex...e+20th+century
I highly recommend this book as it is easy to read and covered with exam prep.

Personally, for my revision technique I've been making through notes as I go through the courses although as a college we are behind on the scheme of work.

After reading the specimen papers I've become quite worried for history since Edexcel expect us to write so much, in such great detail on the exam day, based on really obscure and awkward questions.
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
(Original post by Major Wilson)
I'm doing Russia and China.

I use this textbook for all revision at home: http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Edex...e+20th+century
I highly recommend this book as it is easy to read and covered with exam prep.

Personally, for my revision technique I've been making through notes as I go through the courses although as a college we are behind on the scheme of work.

After reading the specimen papers I've become quite worried for history since Edexcel expect us to write so much, in such great detail on the exam day, based on really obscure and awkward questions.
hey thanks for replying, I already have the book it's great!!

Yeah that's true, I have mocks in January for Russia and Germany haha - trying my best to go through everything!
nothxexams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm also doing Russia and China, but I'm finding it so hard!! I literally do not have a clue where to start my revision or the best way to revise it. I struggle to remember everything, I just find theres so many names and dates and information to remember! Absolutely dreading the exam
Does anyone have any tips? Or even any revision/notes/extra material that would help me?
Mocks and in 2 weeks... I have no hope!!
Thank you
CJTWhite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Looks like I'm the odd one out.

I'm doing Britain and America in the 20th Century - it's brilliant as the two compliment each other quite well and you're able to cross-reference.
HeyThereItsKate
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Chaz W)

I'm doing Britain and America in the 20th Century - it's brilliant as the two compliment each other quite well and you're able to cross-reference.
China and Russia are also great complimentary periods/countries. You can compare as the CCP attempted not to make the same mistakes as the Bolsheviks... and failed miserably.
shareentwinkle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I'm also doing Britain and American in the 20th century. However, i'm struggling to find any revision material
CJTWhite
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shareentwinkle)
I'm also doing Britain and American in the 20th century. However, i'm struggling to find any revision material
It's because it's so new and undersubscribed - textbook is all we have :/
shareentwinkle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's because it's so new and undersubscribed - textbook is all we have :/
ha
I own the textbook but it's too complicated to use for revision, really hate that's it's a new topic
CJTWhite
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shareentwinkle)
ha
I own the textbook but it's too complicated to use for revision, really hate that's it's a new topic
My teacher thinks the textbook is sh*te - not very well explained and often lacks key details.
shareentwinkle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My teacher thinks the textbook is sh*te - not very well explained and often lacks key details.
Yesss and the amount of typos that make it confusing to understand! Makes the whole topic more complicated then necessary
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
The book I have for communism is both useful and useless as it has the two courses I am studying but also one extra course which just adds to the weight of the already-heavy book! Anyhow it's interesting reading about China even though I'm not doing it! How's everyone coping with revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
matt_arch_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hahaha, I don't think my Communist Russia book has any typos!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (50)
9.52%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.67%
No, but I want to start (189)
36%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.24%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.57%