Turn on thread page Beta

Seven deadly sins.. which one are you the most guilty of? watch

ReputationRep:
    i say "rahth" as well as in rhyming with the other way of saying bath and path etc. And "skedule" isnt that how everyone says it?!

Most guilty of gluttony i think. Mmmm food
    (well and most of the others)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    And then there's people like me here... Although in my defence I did put sloth down, but I'm equally lustful and slothful.
    See, for me, lust doesn't even come in my top 3. That's cause I don't think it's a sin Oh my god, I'm becoming one of the horny bimbos of this forum! *panics, then returns to being angry again* RAAAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    And then there's people like me here... Although in my defence I did put sloth down, but I'm equally lustful and slothful.
    Hmm ... it seems there may be a link between the two. Too slothful to go out and get laid = overly lustful. It could go on: overly lustful = envious of those who are getting some = wrathful towards those who are getting some. Anyone know how to fit pride, greed and gluttony on to that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    Hmm ... it seems there may be a link between the two. Too slothful to go out and get laid = overly lustful. It could go on: overly lustful = envious of those who are getting some = wrathful towards those who are getting some. Anyone know how to fit pride, greed and gluttony on to that?
    Maybe pride in that we're too proud to admit we need to go out and find someone to get laid, and somebody won't just fall at our feet in the street one day?

ReputationRep:
    I think the lust connection may have something to do with the fact that this is on the internet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I think the lust connection may have something to do with the fact that this is on the internet...
    I think everyone is guilty of lust though. My biggest personal vice is envy - I get jealous of the stupidest things.

ReputationRep:
    Lust is the top one. Next in line are greed, gluttony and sloth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I think everyone is guilty of lust though. My biggest personal vice is envy - I get jealous of the stupidest things.
    Of course- it's in our nature, otherwise we wouldn't be here. That highlights how outdated the notion of the sins are now... but I think lust can be considered a sin if it's overdone and people become over-sexed. Either everyone who voted lust doesn't see it the same way as I do or it proves the theory about sleaziness and the internet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    When I turned 18, I went on a "rites of passage" trip and did everything I now legally could. One of those things was buying an 18 certificate DVD, and Seven was in an offer. I haven't watched it yet.. but I noticed it on the shelf and thought that a post about the seven deadly sins might be interesting

So, what's your biggest vice?
    Brilliant film!!!!
    I would be Sloth, I stay up till the wee hours of the morn and then wake up at 3pmish.

ReputationRep:
    contains blasphemy. may offend....

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/sevensins.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    contains blasphemy. may offend....

http://www.abarnett.demon.co.uk/atheism/sevensins.html
    The lust bit made me laugh out loud

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a single one on that list I'm not guilty of, except perhaps "wrath"...I'm so going to hell...(*ahem*)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.