The Student Room Group

RAF Pilot/OASC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drewski
I didn't answer the first time someone said this, but I will this time.

In this instance I may have let frustration get the better of me after having spent years repeating the same answers to the same questions on here. The notion that that should be acceptable is something that baffles me. Simple questions get asked here all the time, but people with even the smallest amount of Internet savvy - not an unreasonable assumption for 'modern youth' - should be able to find these answers in a heartbeat.

I'm no longer in the RAF, but I have been and I have many close friends who still are. I don't want the people joining up to work alongside my friends to be under any illusion about what is expected of them - to be resourceful, to be hard working and to be self starters. Help will be given to those who ask, but first you need to show that you're willing to help yourself.

Is my tone on here sometimes too much? Ok, I'll concede that.
But am I expecting too much of people? I really don't think so.

And btw, if you think I'm bad, you should see pprune...!

Hi Drewski
I would get a bit frustrated as well if somebody kept asking the same question over and over again, but this is what you or anybody who creates, comments or expresses an interest on an online thread/discussion on the topic of becoming an RAF pilot is going to get (lots of questions!!!!) It's an incredibly popular job among young boys or girls, so there are thousands of young people who are in the same situation, wondering how to become a pilot in the RAF and what it takes. In addition, the RAF application process is quite long and has many parts to it that can be quite complicated to fully understand and there are lots of different conceptions and stories of what exactly happens on OASC and it what order.

Just because somebody asks the question that has been asked multiple times doesn't mean that they haven't researched it, it can be because they've read different things said about OASC so they are looking clarification. You can find the answers to pretty much any question on OASC very quickly due to all these great websites on this topic but because of this some sites are bound to say different things to others, as I said the question can be just to clarify what they've read.

I appreciate all the help that you've said on the thread on the RAF, so thanks very much.
I hope you don't mind me asking, how come you aren't in the RAF anymore? Or have you just finished your time in service?
Thanks
E

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest