Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I have been offered an interview at Canterbury Christ Church, for the Primary PGCE.
    I've already completed the skype interview, and was reading about the interview day and I'm a little confused. It says there is to be a group activity (which I always assumed meant a group discussion and now have realised I could be wrong) and looking through last years posts, it seems people had to bring an item and do a short presentation on it. I'm now worried I have missed something, does anyone know if this is the case, or this isn't what the group activity is at all?
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got an interview too and wasn't told anything about the group activity. Just that one would be taking place. The email I received inviting me to the interview directed me here:

http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/admissio...iew-guide.aspx

The only info this site provides on the group activity says: "A Group Activity, which will take 20 minutes (full information on this will be given at the interview)"

Also, in the "What you need to do now" section it doesn't mention anything specifically to do for the group activity. Just things like maths revision. So if there is a special activity we're expected to prepare for the group task, I haven't been told anything about it!

Hope this helps ease your worries

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes I had my interview, and it wasn't nearly hard as expected, and I'm typically very nervous in these situations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiarex93)
    Hi, yes I had my interview, and it wasn't nearly hard as expected, and I'm typically very nervous in these situations!
    what was the group task and what sort of things did they ask during the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saskiasomanah)
    what was the group task and what sort of things did they ask during the interview?
    Mine was over two years ago but thought I'd share. The group task was a pyramid sorting task where you had a group of about 5 other people at your table and had several different lesson objectives (e.g. all children learn; ICT is used in the lesson; SEN student is supported; good data is obtained) and you have to discuss how to organise them so that the most important one goes at the top, then the next two underneath in joint second place, then the next three in joint third place, and so on. Then be prepared to justify it to the other groups who will have had slightly different pyramid sorting tasks.

I can't remember too much about the interview questions though, but I don't think there were any particularly surprising questions, it was all quite predictable. Why do you want to be a teacher, that sort of thing. Hope this helps somewhat. Please remember that this was my experience from a few years ago so it's probably changed a bit since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MSouthgate94)
    Mine was over two years ago but thought I'd share. The group task was a pyramid sorting task where you had a group of about 5 other people at your table and had several different lesson objectives (e.g. all children learn; ICT is used in the lesson; SEN student is supported; good data is obtained) and you have to discuss how to organise them so that the most important one goes at the top, then the next two underneath in joint second place, then the next three in joint third place, and so on. Then be prepared to justify it to the other groups who will have had slightly different pyramid sorting tasks.

I can't remember too much about the interview questions though, but I don't think there were any particularly surprising questions, it was all quite predictable. Why do you want to be a teacher, that sort of thing. Hope this helps somewhat. Please remember that this was my experience from a few years ago so it's probably changed a bit since then.
    Thank you so much! It really helped!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.