Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why don't women find blonde men attractive? Watch

Announcements

Do any girls like blonde haired men with blue eyes? It seems like they're kinda rare and even rarer for them to be considered attractive; especially if they're below 5 foot 9.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, more bloke have darker hair and eyes.... but I think it's due to some random reason about 10-15 year ago blonde haired blue haired guys getting a really nasty reputation!

(Original post by DanB1991)
    Meh, more bloke have darker hair and eyes.... but I think it's due to some random reason about 10-15 year ago blonde haired blue haired guys getting a really nasty reputation!
    Why is this, though? Is blondeness recessive? Or is it just because women don't find blonde men as attractive therefore are less likely to have children with them?

ReputationRep:
    I think blond haired men look more feminine than brown/black haired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why is this, though? Is blondeness recessive? Or is it just because women don't find blonde men as attractive therefore are less likely to have children with them?
    Just how it works with genes and the current population IIRC.... blonde isn't exactly recessive, but it's not dominant either! Either way it's not explained by the GCSE dominant recessive dynamic!

(Original post by ubisoft)
    Ta -_-

ReputationRep:
    All women love Scotty T. Ya mad pet?
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg ippp.jpg (40.9 KB)

(Original post by 4Skin)
    All women love Scotty T. Ya mad pet?
    Invalid link specified.

Upload it to imgur

(Original post by ubisoft)
    I get what you mean, they don't look as conventionally 'masculine' do they not.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure to be honest. I know a girl who dates blond guys exclusively. However I also know a girl who quote: "gets creeped out by them because their eyelashes and brows appear non existant".

Personally I'm more attracted to dark haired guys but being blond wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means :')

(Original post by BaffledPenguin)
    Not sure to be honest. I know a girl who dates blond guys exclusively. However I also know a girl who quote: "gets creeped out by them because their eyelashes and brows appear non existant".

Personally I'm more attracted to dark haired guys but being blond wouldn't be a deal breaker by any means :'
    Some of them look a bit creepy but some of them are alright looking. Not my first choice next to a hazel eyed, tanned, black haired guy but do-able

ReputationRep:
    Exotic men is where it's at.

Attachments Pending Approval
  2. File Type: png image.png (103.4 KB)

ReputationRep:
    Some of them look a bit creepy but some of them are alright looking. Not my first choice next to a hazel eyed, tanned, black haired guy but do-able
    Lol yes. With curls and full lips.

Like Arabs. Egyptians, Lebanese.

Above 5'9" and you have a deal. Well. Maybe. If there's blonde hair, blue/grey eyes, and dark eyebrows involved. So if you mean blonde male elves (not technically men, but there are actors that pull off the look, so that's good enough)...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...7c28fed7d9.jpg

I mean, especially if they can pull off the "awkwardly constipated" look
    http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...56-960-404.jpg

Or if you're not into elves, and you want me to give you a serious picture...
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Bwk0Tkv2Ik...chardson-6.jpg

Or this slightly odd expression, a la Calvin Klein:
    http://40.media.tumblr.com/3dfe1f678...bejio1_400.jpg

Okay, if it's still a no...
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o...35jno3_400.gif

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty, I'll take any guy with nice cheekbones, a nice jawline, dark eyebrows, uh... do you really want me to keep going? But I'd say that looks are just a benefit, if he's "stupid" or a total jerk, it's not going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaffledPenguin)
    However I also know a girl who quote: "gets creeped out by them because their eyelashes and brows appear non existant".
    lol, what is her hair colour then?

Above 5'9" and you have a deal. Well. Maybe. If there's blonde hair, blue/grey eyes, and dark eyebrows involved. So if you mean blonde male elves (not technically men, but there are actors that pull off the look, so that's good enough)...
    Bloom really can't pull off as a blonde really

If he's a salesman then I won't buy anything from him; his appearance here creeps me out really.

ReputationRep:
    idk i have peroxide hair and blue eyes... people just aren't that used to lighter hair on men. Maybe it's more effeminate as, for some odd reason, it's seen more on women..?? i have no clue tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    lol, what is her hair colour then?
    Brown
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edward_PoshPonce)
    idk i have peroxide hair and blue eyes... people just aren't that used to lighter hair on men. Maybe it's more effeminate as, for some odd reason, it's seen more on women..?? i have no clue tbh.
    Hair dye.

ReputationRep:
    If their face is attractive then to me hair colour doesn't matter. I normally notice teeth first anyway so hair colour is irrelevant to me. (Although I do have a thing for gingers according to my mum )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asklepios)
    Hair dye.
    I know I dyed my hair lol. I'm just saying its weird how girls are seen with lighter hair than most males

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.