The Student Room Group

how fat is too much fat

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
I am with you. Gym in the morning and at night for this girl though....

How many days a week do you train?
Original post by WoodyMKC
How many days a week do you train?

I haven't since the beggening of the month. I usually train 5 days a week, I do cardio in the morning and night just for 30 mins each session and then focus on squatting and leg workouts. I know, I need to start doing sit ups, I despise them.
Not even someone who's mid-bulk :confused:

I know the feels. If girls say guys who are in the process of mid-bulk are a deal breaker yet are :heart: when they finished cutting aren't worth your time imo.
This can be a question for both guys and girls. How fat is too fat for you, do you mind a little fat? I wonder what UK Taste in girls/guys are like.

I used to like men who were chubby. Now I don't even see guys unless they are muscular, nice back. Not to say I wouldn't date a chubby one.

When you cant see your *ick
I won't lie, I do prefer muscular toned guys (not to much muscle). But I dont mind a little chub. Too much fat would turn me off.
If you have more than 1 tub of lard distributed around your body, that's too damn high! :judge:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Duke Glacia
When you cant see your *ick

Well no-one can see that ... because it's been filtered :u:
Reply 47
If you get chased by a whaling ship when you go to the seaside, its too much.
Original post by Mpagtches
If you have more than 1 tub of lard distributed around your body, that's too damn high! :judge:

Mmhm tell me more.
Mmhm tell me more.

For example, if you inject 250g of lard into your skin/ear/eyelashes every day, you will be phat within 7 years (possibly sooner).
You will wobble when you walk/fall over.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I know the feels. If girls say guys who are in the process of mid-bulk are a deal breaker yet are :heart: when they finished cutting aren't worth your time imo.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and you cn't grow an oak without the bark thickening :u: I'm getting to the point now where I can do shorter bulks and cuts and it'd benefit me so I can stay in the 8-12% bodyfat range year round (same approach fitness models use whereas competitive bodybuilders obviously benefit from an off and on season to be in shape once a year), so this is my last winter-bulk as it were. Those first 2-3 years though, you've justgotta embrace the chub :lol:
Reply 51
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
hence why they're the worst...

categories (in descending order of difficulty):
1. can touch toes and knees
2. can touch knees but not toes
3. can't touch knees or toes

you said those that can't touch their toes are the "worst" - but they are category 2 and category 3 is clearly worse

PRSOM :rofl:
Rome wasn't built in a day, and you cn't grow an oak without the bark thickening :u: I'm getting to the point now where I can do shorter bulks and cuts and it'd benefit me so I can stay in the 8-12% bodyfat range year round (same approach fitness models use whereas competitive bodybuilders obviously benefit from an off and on season to be in shape once a year), so this is my last winter-bulk as it were. Those first 2-3 years though, you've justgotta embrace the chub :lol:

I understand exactly even though I'm tiny(5'9, 66kg) only lifting for 1 year, 4 months its my first actual bulk after my 1st year newbie gains, which were crazy. How long have you been lifting for? I'm doing my first bulk from November-April nice and slowly followed by a cut from May-August. In anything you do if you go nice and slowly you lay a strong foundation.

Though, I have to say the mental game is a lot harder than the physical transformation. I'm around 10% BF when I started my bulk and don't want to go past 15% BF. I :heart: that saying "you can't grow an oak without the bark thickening." How many times have you bulked and cut since you started lifting? Any tips? I found tracking macros i.e weighing things take up so much time. Do you bother tracking macros when bulking or just primarily when cutting?
(edited 8 years ago)
I understand exactly even though I'm tiny(5'9, 66kg) only lifting for 1 year, 4 months its my first actual bulk after my 1st year newbie gains, which were crazy. How long have you been lifting for? I'm doing my first bulk from November-April nice and slowly followed by a cut from May-August. In anything you do if you go nice and slowly you lay a strong foundation.

Though, I have to say the mental game is a lot harder than the physical transformation. I'm around 10% BF when I started my bulk and don't want to go past 15% BF. I :heart: that saying "you can't grow an oak without the bark thickening." How many times have you bulked and cut since you started lifting? Any tips? I found tracking macros i.e weighing things take up so much time. Do you bother tracking macros when bulking or just primarily when cutting?

Sounds like you've done things right :smile: A lot of people say you need to start "bulking" straight away and eat in a surplus from day 1, but that's rubbish IMO. You can grow just fine in your first year eating at about maintenance, and you won't gain any fat, just muscle. After my first year I still had decentish abs and I was about 1 1/2 stone heavier, newb gains FTW :smile: From there, bulk for a year or two, absolute max you should be aiming for is 500 over maintenance - this generally means gaining 1lb in weight per week, which is pretty damn aggressive, you can't force the muscle to grow any faster by giving it more than that when clearly it can't use everything you're giving it as it is.

I've been lifting just over 3 years now mate. I've only cut once tbh haha, earlier this year that was. Planning another for this spring and looking to get lean, then I'll stick to bulking for 4 months followed by cutting aggressively for a month with two week "consolidation phases" of eating at maintenance between bulks and cuts. Tried and tested approach devised by Lyle McDonald, should keep me below 12% bodyfat while getting bigger :smile:
Depends how you mean on macros. I make sure I'm getting enough protein, and counting calories is vital to your body composition goals. As far as carbs and fats go, whether bulking or cutting, I never bother counting them, really not worth fussing over getting them spot on IME. I tend to go for more carbs around my workouts and go for fattier foods rather than carby foods on my days off, but it's only moderate preference and I don't make a big deal out of it. Counting calories and protein is easy, once you start trying to keep track of three different types of macronutrient though things just get stressful, not worth the hassle considering that carb manipulation only makes a huge difference when you're ripped for a contest and you want to come in looking lean and dry. For general purpose bulking and cutting, as long as you're getting a fair balance of both you'll do fine. I was losing asolid 3lbs a week earlier this year when I was cutting while retaining most of my muscle, and I never counted carbs or fats, just kcals and protein as I always do.
x

Exactly. I weighed initially 48kg at 5'9 (anorexic) and I'm 3 stones heavier (66kg, 5'9) and have defined abs at 10%. It helps being relatively lean as my starting point makes things easier to maintain. Its crazy how much progress you make in your 1st year.

Its so addicting that there is never a place where we are truly comfortable the mental game of being big v.s being small. Yeah experience often determines commitment when it comes to dieting. Have you ever thought about competing in the future? I'd want to compete but in 4 more years (6 years of lifting under my belt) as I want to grow.

Yeah, advice appreciated I'm bulking 3lb/month max (66kg to 73/4kg) and then cutting about 0.5lb/week -> 2lb(1kg roughly)/month to about 70kg. My life time goal would be 5'9, 78-80kg at 8% BF. Wbu? Any long-term goals i.e lifts/physique etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Exactly. I weighed initially 48kg at 5'9 (anorexic) and I'm 3 stones heavier (66kg, 5'9) and have defined abs at 10%. It helps being relatively lean as my starting point makes things easier to maintain. Its crazy how much progress you make in your 1st year.

Its so addicting that there is never a place where we are truly comfortable the mental game of being big v.s being small. Yeah experience often determines commitment when it comes to dieting. Have you ever thought about competing in the future? I'd want to compete but in 4 more years (6 years of lifting under my belt) as I want to grow.

Yeah, advice appreciated I'm bulking 3lb/month max (66kg to 73/4kg) and then cutting about 0.5lb/week -> 2lb(1kg roughly)/month to about 70kg. My life time goal would be 5'9, 78-80kg at 8% BF. Wbu? Any long-term goals i.e lifts/physique etc.

Yup, when I look back to like two years ago some of the physiques I'd look at and say I'd like to look like that, look small to me now :lol: My end goal is about 100kg lean, so I'm at my ideal weight right now but the composition needs to change :lol: I know I'll need a bit of the old "Vitamin S" to get there though. I've been considering competing in Men's Physique class for quite a while tbh, that's the look I'm going for. Got the right sort of frame, wide shoulders and small waist.
My fat is too much fat.
Yup, when I look back to like two years ago some of the physiques I'd look at and say I'd like to look like that, look small to me now :lol: My end goal is about 100kg lean, so I'm at my ideal weight right now but the composition needs to change :lol: I know I'll need a bit of the old "Vitamin S" to get there though. I've been considering competing in Men's Physique class for quite a while tbh, that's the look I'm going for. Got the right sort of frame, wide shoulders and small waist.

Hahaha nice just give it time we're all in it for the long run. :biggrin:
What's your opinion on classic physique? How often do you train/week? What songs do you listen to?
(edited 8 years ago)
Finally got back into swing of things today. I feel so much better 💪🏻
Hahaha nice just give it time we're all in it for the long run. :biggrin:
What's your opinion on classic physique? How often do you train/week? What songs do you listen to?

The lines often get blurred between Men's Physique and Classic Physique depending on the federation, so it's hard to say but generally, I'm a fan, it's what bodybuilding should still be about. Personally, the guys of the 70s had the most awesome physiques of all time IMO and Arnie was the greatest bodybuilder ever, really not into the current generation with their humungous waists and so on. I think Dorian Yates (who's training philosophies I'm a fan of) was the last guy to look awesome, it's all gone downhill since him.

I just train as often as I can, depends what else gets in the way impossible for me to sick to a schedule. I just alternate between push and pull each time I go. I listen to music in the car on the way to the gym to get me in the mood but in general I don't listen to it while I train, prefer to just focus. What I listen to varies really, could be a bit of house or a bit of metal or a bit of gangsta rap, I'm very variable :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest