The Student Room Group

Anyone aiming to lose 5lbs this month?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by myblueheaven339
Thank you! Am already 93 lb down and these last few are proving to be tricky buggers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's dedication, congrats on your progress so far. I need motivation like you! Yes, weightloss gets harder as you get smaller unfortunately, but you'll get there just keep going at it. I'm 135lbs and it's a struggle.

Are you following a diet and working out?
Original post by xobeauty
That's dedication, congrats on your progress so far. I need motivation like you! Yes, weightloss gets harder as you get smaller unfortunately, but you'll get there just keep going at it. I'm 135lbs and it's a struggle.

Are you following a diet and working out?

I do weight watchers. Was running 3 times a week but have recently started going to the gym and so running a bit less. Keep getting chilblains so avoiding exercising outside at the moment. My aim is to get to a healthy weight and maintain that weight, while continuing to lose some fat and gaining some muscle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wasn't planning to but may as well aim to! :biggrin:
Sod that, bulk season boh :biggrin: Wanna be shredded for summer though so I'll start cutting in January.
Original post by xobeauty
Why no protein powder?

Were you trying to lose weight or just maintaining?

Protein powder is the biggest myth in fitness industry.. Most of people on fitness magazines who get sponsored by fitness company are all natural.. However their bodies are all edited so that it would look persuading therefore more people would try to buy protein shakes and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Simple_student
Protein powder is the biggest myth in fitness industry.. Most of people on fitness magazines who get sponsored by fitness company are all natural.. However their bodies are all edited so that it would look persuading therefore more people would try to buy protein shakes and all that

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a proven fact backed up by science that protein is important, plus it helps my hair and nails grow. I'm not getting enough protein in my diet, so drinking a protein shake helps me with that.
Yep. I'm looking to lose the "freshman 15" I've put on in the past 2 months... so basically stopping being a greedy bum. Hoping to be down to a normal weight again by spring/summer.
Reply 27
I'd like to lose a little. Maybe not even loose weight, just tone. My body fat percentage is above what it should be despite being an average weight lmao. I need to go back to the gym, but I'm so poor right now. :colondollar:
Reply 28
I was trying to lose 5lbs some month like 10 years ago. I'm trying to lose 50 now. :rofl::rofl:
Haha. I'm down 20 KG from the start of the summer, gone from around 87kg to 68 ish. It feels great! I'd recommend anyone who has excess weight to just do something about it, you feel amazing afterwards, believe me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep 100% agree.

Protein powders are highly irrelevant, IF you're getting a good amount of protein in naturally through your diet, however, if this is not the case, protein powders can be useful. I get enough natural protein personally, so I don't really needa take protein shakes etc.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Sod that, bulk season boh :biggrin: Wanna be shredded for summer though so I'll start cutting in January.

Cruise ships are meant to fly and stay shredded all year round.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SmellyProtein
Cruise ships are meant to fly and stay shredded all year round.

Planning my first cycle for some point next year actually :lol: Not sure whether to use it to cut and preserve muscle or try and take advantage of these supposed "first cycle gains".

Tbf though once you've built your base it's possible to stay fairly lean year-round, natty or not. Once I'm lean next summer I'll be following the Lyle McDonald approach of bulking for 16 weeks gaining 1lb a week, followed by an aggressive cut for a few weeks to trim off any gained fat before going full circle, with a couple weeks maintenance between each phase to "settle" the metabolism. Good way to stay between 8-12% bodyfat year round while getting bigger, I'm pretty advanced now so I don't feel like I need to be doing with this "bulk all year, get chubby, cut once a year" bollox anymore.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm vegetarian and find it difficult to get 60g protein per day from food alone without going over the calorie limit. Whey protein powder helps me to get enough protein each day to maintain/build muscle. It's not a myth?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
I'm vegetarian and find it difficult to get 60g protein per day from food alone without going over the calorie limit. Whey protein powder helps me to get enough protein each day to maintain/build muscle. It's not a myth?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is myth..
All fitness trainers eat a lot of protein but then if carbs, they would automatically think that they won't eat as much as they eat in protein meals

Carbs are essential for fitness
Proteins are too.. But however the difference between the two is that amino acids are the monomers of proteins.. Which helps us build muscle and organs.. Protein deficiency is not inevitable unless you are not living in poorly developed countries

Posted from TSR Mobile
The struggle is real right now! I'm sitting here drinking hot chocolate like a FAT ASS with a slice of toast bread and peanut butter! Just one slice! My period is coming I get sweet tooth. What a loser, no way I'll be 5lbs lighter by the end of the month :frown:

I haven't been over eating though.
It is myth..
All fitness trainers eat a lot of protein but then if carbs, they would automatically think that they won't eat as much as they eat in protein meals

Carbs are essential for fitness
Proteins are too.. But however the difference between the two is that amino acids are the monomers of proteins.. Which helps us build muscle and organs.. Protein deficiency is not inevitable unless you are not living in poorly developed countries

Posted from TSR Mobile

F carbs
Reply 37
Yep I'm 102 kg at 17 % bodyfat at 6 foot tall. So I have some work to do!
I Need motivation can someone helpppppp me. Who wants to do a winter weightloss/ gain challege💪🏻

Start weight- 135 pounds
Short term goal- 130 pounds

Yours?
Original post by Tomasio
Yep I'm 102 kg at 17 % bodyfat at 6 foot tall. So I have some work to do!

How much is that in pounds?

Quick Reply

Latest