Muslim girl want to join British army

Watch
randomz13
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
SORRY about the title.its my first thread and i really needed help as my mind is not in the right place.I would love to hear everyone's comments but please advise after thinking about my situation. I come from a muslim family however I do not believe in a God or religion well actually I just don't have faith in one.I want to join the British army but family and friends have advised me not to.I want to join to protect the country not for a religion reason.what should I do if I'm torn between my family's faith and my own??
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Follow your heart
randomz13
Rep:
?
Thankyou but my heart is torn as I respect my family but on the other Hand I don't want to lose them or their love (which i fel i will lose)for a job in where I can be of help to the countryand make a difference

Posted from TSR Mobile
eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's your life......
eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by randomz13)
Thankyou but my heart is torn as I respect my family but on the other Hand I don't want to lose them or their love (which i fel i will lose)for a job in where I can be of help to the countryand make a fiffetei

Posted from TSR Mobile
If your family is going to disown you because you joined the British Army then they never loved you in the first place.

Love is unconditional
the rad daddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Join the Babes of the BNP and become Nick Griffin's booty *****
.Devon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
and you're still calling yourself a muslim?
Akarim11
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Lol the title is "Muslim girl wants to join the army" but you're not Muslim? Haha

I suggest you wait, and join the army when you no longer need to ask people's permission.

But remember you can't go into something as life changing as this with a blind eye. do your research, there's no rush. Make sure it's something you 100% want to do!
Longshot700
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by .Devon)
and you're still calling yourself a muslim?
She's not, she comes from a muslim family.
iamthetruth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why do you want to join the British Army if you're a Muslim? Don't you realize the British Army has commited war crimes on the Muslim people?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
you're not muslim if you don't believe in god.
randomz13
Rep:
?
It is my life but its also about whether the army will accept me

Posted from TSR Mobile
randomz13
Rep:
?
Wow tgat made more sense to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
randomz13
Rep:
?
I'm not a muslim cos I don't believe in God but I'm not a Christian Sikh or Hindu either.my family and friends believe in God which is y I posted this thread as I'm troubled my own views

Posted from TSR Mobile
XMaramena
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just a thought, being a female in the army is hard. Being a muslim female in the army will be harder.
randomz13
Rep:
?
Yeah...I would except I already have a man whose my booty call and I ain't gonna b someone else booty call *****...sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
randomz13
Rep:
?
It will be but I'd rather help out my country then do nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
TornadoGR4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by iamthetruth)
Why do you want to join the British Army if you're a Muslim? Don't you realize the British Army has commited war crimes on the Muslim people?
That's the type of attitude that drives a wedge between the Muslim community and the Armed Forces.The things our troops have done for Muslims in need of help is outstanding.

(Original post by randomz13)
It is my life but its also about whether the army will accept me

Posted from TSR Mobile
The army will 100% accept anyone regardless of gender, skin colour, sexual orientation, religion etc. It's just whether you'll be committed enough to the army.

(Original post by XMaramena)
Just a thought, being a female in the army is hard. Being a muslim female in the army will be harder.
After the Corporal Ellement incident a while back all three services have clamped down on all the diversity & inclusion stuff, and any type of discrimination can lead to a charge.
randomz13
Rep:
?
I'm a muslim on my passport.I'm not able to change my information yet as I am not of an legal age but when I hit tgat age I can have my information refreshed as a non Muslim.atm it on my passports and everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
randomz13
Rep:
?
Thankyou tgat is the reason I want to join the army as a way to show my appreciation for what the army has done to keep peace in this country but I don't want people to make judgements tgat it is wrong cos its not a religious action but an action to help humanity move into a better future

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (95)
38.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
11.07%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.38%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.3%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed