Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is in the right section, but its closer to academic than general chat.

Just wanted to know if any of u have been on a school trip abroad recently (or ever), cos i just signed up to go to one next febuary in Germany, Poland, and czecoslovakia, but im not sure how fun they are. Its a long bus ride, but we can go out every night and theres no actual work on the trip at the time (but it will help us with our cwk once we get back home).

So, has anyone else been on a school trip abroad and what was it like?

ReputationRep:
    Went on the usual French exchange, but also went to Italy with the school after GCSEs. The Italian trip was just an excuse to have a ncie time, the teachers even told our parents the drinking age was 16 (now I don't know if this is true or not, but it meant we all went off drinking every night anyway)

ReputationRep:
    i'm goin on a kenya trip with skool in feb

(Original post by enigmatic)
    Not sure if this is in the right section, but its closer to academic than general chat.

Just wanted to know if any of u have been on a school trip abroad recently (or ever), cos i just signed up to go to one next febuary in Germany, Poland, and czecoslovakia, but im not sure how fun they are. Its a long bus ride, but we can go out every night and theres no actual work on the trip at the time (but it will help us with our cwk once we get back home).

So, has anyone else been on a school trip abroad and what was it like?
    Went to France. We almost trashed a hotel and our teachers never forgave us but it wad FUN!!! I seem to remember trying a bit of French on a guy in a silly costume in Paris, only to find that he was infact more English than me!!!

ReputationRep:
    School trips abroad are great

Last year I went to St. Petersburg & Moscow with school, in 2001 I went skiing (on a bus..25 hours each way *yawns*) to Italy, and in April we went to San Francisco Our school does loads and loads of trips They're always fun, as long as you know some other people who are going

ReputationRep:
    I went skiing to Spain with my school, and it was great! I think I'm going to Italy with the school next year, dunno for sure yet though.

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Russia, France, Italy, Spain, America, Greece, Turkey, Israel, Crete, and Cyprus with my school They're an amazing wasy to get to know your mates, and have a wicked time.

ReputationRep:
    I went to France and Spain one summer for an adventure/watersports kind of trip. It was great. But the coach journey back took 13 hours. That was boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    But the coach journey back took 13 hours. That was boring!
    That part will be great!

"1 million green bottles of beer on the wall, 1 million green bottles of beer..."

then "1 million bottles of beer in my belly" when i get there!!

ReputationRep:
    On the way back from Italy for us it took 27 hours.. the only exciting bit was when we got pulled over by the French police because part of the coach was hanging off at the back

ReputationRep:
    We went by plane, so it wasn't bad at all!

ReputationRep:
    That part will be great!

"1 million green bottles of beer on the wall, 1 million green bottles of beer..."

then "1 million bottles of beer in my belly" when i get there!!
    Hehe maybe but the night after we arrived i threw up, i think it was due to the shaking of the coach or something :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we stay in 3 different hotels, and the one in Poland is "extremely communist", which is quoting my history teacher.

But the other hotel has a swimming pool!

ReputationRep:
    ive been on schools trips to barcelona and thailand - wicked!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we stay in 3 different hotels, and the one in Poland is "extremely communist", which is quoting my history teacher.

But the other hotel has a swimming pool!
    Alot of the buildings in Poland are communist looking i think. My nan lives there so i go there occasionally, but where she lives is not a very nice looking town. The north by the sea and the southern mountains are really nice though

ReputationRep:
    We went all over the place. The best was probable a trip to Russia with the Economics department.

ReputationRep:
    Both the trips I was supposed to go on were cancelled
    I was supposed to go on the French Exchange in year 10, but we were going to a rural area, and they were fearful of foot and mouth at the time so they didn't want us going over.
    Then, last year, there was going to be a trip for the AS/A2 students, but only me and one other person from our year signed up, and only 1 person from Lower Sixth, meaning they cancelled that too. Luckily I've had chance to go there a lot on family holidays. (That's what having a mum who used to teach French does )

ReputationRep:
    Only been to France(pretty crap) and Spain skiing which was wicked!

ReputationRep:
    I went to Spain in Year 8. It was excellent - one of my best holidays ever. One of the crucial factors is who goes with you.

ReputationRep:
    I went to france with school it was really good, next yaer in sixth form we go to new york which will be even better!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.