The Student Room Group

(Edexcel 2008 spec) Am I supposed to know what "myoglobin" is?

I was solving January 2009 paper 2,
And myoglobin came up, and I've never came across this word before, and its not found in any of my revision guides or textbook?!

The word prolactin also came up, which i never came across before?

I'm now concerned whether i might be asked in the exam to define something when it's not mentioned in any of my textbooks/revision guides?!:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FluffyCherry
I was solving January 2009 paper 2,
And myoglobin came up, and I've never came across this word before, and its not found in any of my revision guides or textbook?!

The word prolactin also came up, which i never came across before?

I'm now concerned whether i might be asked in the exam to define something when it's not mentioned in any of my textbooks/revision guides?!:s-smilie:

What you're expected to know is not necessarily the textbook. Examiners make questions from the specification. Read the specification and make notes around that.
Original post by Butternuts96
What you're expected to know is not necessarily the textbook. Examiners make questions from the specification. Read the specification and make notes around that.

I just checked the spec twice, and those two terms are not even mentioned in the spec?:argh:

I honestly dont know what to do now.:frown:
Bump! Bump! Bump! :sad:
Reply 4
the GCE specification changed in 2009, first examination is 2009 june. That paper was following the old one.

In AS, you dont need to know myoglobin, but in A2 you need it.

Anyway, myoglobin is the oxygen storage molecule in muscles.

Prolactin, you dont need it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hknobody
the GCE specification changed in 2009, first examination is 2009 june. That paper was following the old one.

In AS, you dont need to know myoglobin, but in A2 you need it.

Anyway, myoglobin is the oxygen storage molecule in muscles.

Prolactin, you dont need it.

Ooh, i see!! Thanks a lot!:h:
I just checked the spec twice, and those two terms are not even mentioned in the spec?:argh:

I honestly dont know what to do now.:frown:

If those two terms are not directly or indirectly mentioned in your spec, then 100% the paper does not match the specification.
Original post by Butternuts96
If those two terms are not directly or indirectly mentioned in your spec, then 100% the paper does not match the specification.

Well, it turned out that i was solving an old past paper! :facepalm:
But thanks anyway!:h:
Well, it turned out that i was solving an old past paper! :facepalm:
But thanks anyway!:h:

Yup, that paper would match the older specification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending