How long does it take universities to reply to applications? Watch

Uncle Tom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I applied to study MA Contemporary History and International Politics at York a few days ago, and I'm wondering how long it will take for me to hear back.
michill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
My last recommendation was submitted on Nov 15, got my offer on Nov 26 for KCL. Officially I think normally it's like 4-6 weeks? Depending on how many applications they have to sort through.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
'A few days ago' ...?

You'll have to wait until they have processed your application, followed up on references, checked your qualifications - and the appropriate academic(s) have read your application and then made a decision, and not just on yours but potentially other people's in order to decide rankings. And academics teach, its nearly the end of term and they are busy people.

You will just have to *wait*. And probably until well into the New Year, if not later.

Please remember, its a University and not McDonalds.
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't UCAS state 40 days?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Findlay6)
No.

The only deadline for the Universities is 5 May for applications received before the January deadline : https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...rack/key-dates

And if you are applying for a postgrad MA then you don't apply through UCAS anyway.
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Findlay6)
In addition to returnmigrant's point, the majority of postgrad applications are handled by individual universities, who can set their own targets and deadlines (or they can decide not to have them at all). Postgrad applications don't go through UCAS.
Uncle Tom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
'A few days ago' ...?

You'll have to wait until they have processed your application, followed up on references, checked your qualifications - and the appropriate academic(s) have read your application and then made a decision, and not just on yours but potentially other people's in order to decide rankings. And academics teach, its nearly the end of term and they are busy people.

You will just have to *wait*. And probably until well into the New Year, if not later.

Please remember, its a University and not McDonalds.
It took them ~ 3 weeks to send me an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (136)
17.73%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (73)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (451)
58.8%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (107)
13.95%

Watched Threads