Italian school bans Christmas for "Multiculturalism"

Watch
demx9
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
“In a multi-ethnic environment, it causes problems,” Parma said, saying his decisions had been influenced by an unhappy experience last year.

I wonder who caused this unhappy experience ?

“Last year we had a Christmas concert and some parents insisted on having carols. The Muslim children didn’t sing, they just stood there, absolutely rigid."

What a surprise. Muslims integrating as usual.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...an-festivities
username945663
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/war-christm...udents-1531318

The headmaster just decided to add to the traditional Catholic festivities a so-called Winter Concert, to be held on 21 January. Parma also denied press reports that he had banned crucifixes from classrooms.

Reports from staff, some parents and teachers seem to confirm the headmaster's version of events. "No festivity was cancelled, all activities planned for these days were scheduled in September, plus a winter concert to be held in January," Maria Sbrescia, spokesperson for the school's parents, said.

"On 21 December, the primary school's classes will welcome parents to share a few moments of joy: this is the famous Christmas party," Sbrescia said. "Secondary school will sing Christmas carols on 17 December."

The controversy allegedly originated from the headmaster's decision to say no to two mothers who wanted to teach Christmas carols to the children during lunch breaks. "I only denied them to enter school during lunch break and teach religious songs to Christian children – something that I still consider inappropriate," he said in the resignation letter.
AlwaysWatching
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Promotes integration and multiculturalism by banning a cultural event and excluding a religious festival.

Strong logic.
Use Err Name
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbf memorising carol lines was long for man too when I was in primary school
Eigo_Jin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You don't have to ban Christmas because a few kids won't sing. Banning Christmas doesn't help bring cultures together at all. Instead, why don't they try introduce celebrations from other cultures into the school?
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AlwaysWatching)
Promotes integration and multiculturalism by banning a cultural event and not integrating a religious festival.

Strong logic.
I know right.

Tbh, I'm just wondering, if they want to promote multiculturalism, why can't they just integrate the other cultural events? I know some schools who let people have a non-school day during the end of events like Ramadan

And, if it was a Christian School, shouldn't they expect stuff like that? Because, y'know, it makes sense for a Christian School to do Christian Events.

No offence, that's just my opinion

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar 😞
Longshot700
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm gonna start sending these reports to a website that proves if it's fake or not.
the rad daddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's called winterval

gosh
the rad daddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Also the character in OP's avatar is a neo-Nazi symbol

http://theironpill.tumblr.com/
FluffyCherry
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by demx9)
“In a multi-ethnic environment, it causes problems,” Parma said, saying his decisions had been influenced by an unhappy experience last year.

I wonder who caused this unhappy experience ?

“Last year we had a Christmas concert and some parents insisted on having carols. The Muslim children didn’t sing, they just stood there, absolutely rigid."

What a surprise. Muslims integrating as usual.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...an-festivities
Yeaah, SOOO? If we don't want to sing, then that's OUR bloody choice?!
You got a problem with that?! Then go bloody deal with it!
demx9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by the rad daddy)
Also the character in OP's avatar is a neo-Nazi symbol

http://theironpill.tumblr.com/
how's the ban going ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (732)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (925)
42.76%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (411)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.39%

Watched Threads