The Student Room Group

Deposit PayPal, withdraw debit card

I have £900 in an online bookie (I won through matched betting).

I want to move this £900 to my bank account via my debit card.

The problem is the name on my debit card is different to the name I registered with at the online bookie, AND I made a £200 deposit (from which the £900 was won) using PayPal.

The normal thing to do in this situation would be to withdraw the £900 into a PayPAl account, then withdraw from PayPal into my bank account.

However, if I do this, PayPal may limit my account due to different names being used. I want to avoid WITHDRAWING with PayPal (due to the 72 hour hold and possible limitation).

I am trying to find a website where I can deposit via PayPal, and withdraw via debit card - a site that does not use a closed loop system - i.e. you have to withdraw via the method the initial deposit was made.

Any Ideas?

Thanks.
You could possibly:

1.) Transfer the £900 from your paypal account to a new one, just use that new paypal account under your real name

2.) or transfer the £900 into you bank, delete your papal account and create a new one?
Reply 2
Original post by Danielen

I am trying to find a website where I can deposit via PayPal, and withdraw via debit card - a site that does not use a closed loop system - i.e. you have to withdraw via the method the initial deposit was made.

The reason they have these closed loop systems is to avoid people doing exactly what you're trying to do.

Aside from the fact that you've broken the bookie's terms (I'd take a very educated guess that you signed up for a welcome offer multiple times), they also want to avoid people money laundering by passing funds through bookie accounts.

The best I can suggest would be to buy things with your paypal.
Why did not you get your name changed in your debit card.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending