BTEC Health and social care L3, Should I be allowed an extension?

Watch
Harryjames97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, please could somebody give me some advice?

I am currently undertaking a level 3 course in health and social care and so far everything has gone very well.

However I was meant to go on work placement throughout last week and even though I had completed an induction I was not able to go because 'the risk assessor was off' and therefore couldn't complete the paperwork. That week was scheduled in the timetable and we did not have any assignments during this time so I found my self with nothing to do and was not allowed to start the assignment early.

My work experience has now been rearranged to the 8th and 9th of this month (which are my study days) and class time is dedicated to teaching rather than doing course work. This means that I am hardly going to have any time to do my assignments and as you can see below there is quite a bit to be done during this period.

Unit 4 (development through life stages)
P4, P5, M2, M3, D1 (14th December)
P3 (R) (14th December)

Unit 6 (Persenal and professional development)
P6, P7 (14th December)

Unit 5 (A+P)
P2 (10th December)

The work experience problem is through no fault of my own and I have always handed in assignments on time, so what I am asking (because I don't want to make a fool of my self) is would it be a reasonable request if I was to ask for a short extension for the unit four assignment which would only be for two days?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (49)
28.99%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.28%
No I am happy with my choice (94)
55.62%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.1%

Watched Threads