The Student Room Group

Flatmates so loud and slamming doors until 5am. I can't sleep!

Basically I'm living in halls, and people in my flat are fine. But there a two guys who just hang out really late at night in one of their rooms, play video games, talk and laugh really loud. What gets annoying is the door slamming, it prevents me from sleeping because it's just so loud. I have written notes and left it on the kitchen table. They replied saying that I'm sensitive to noise, and it's not their fault and that I should get earplugs. What should I do?

It's also getting worse because they used to go to bed at 2am, then they changed to 4am, now it's 5 am. Another flatmate is an early riser and gets up at 7am , starts making breakfast and slamming cupboards. I only have 2 hours in between to sleep:frown:
(edited 5 years ago)
What jerks! Speak to your resident tutor about it and explain the situation to them.
Original post by SeanFM
What jerks! Speak to your resident tutor about it and explain the situation to them.

Agreed, and if that doesn't work try hitting them on the head with a frying pan, they'll leave you alone.
3 things:

1. you do have to face facts, you are in halls and the walls are always thin and people aren't always considerate, leaving notes will just piss them off and is unlikely to change anything, it is an unfortunate part of the halls experience to get woken up when you don't want to be

2. wake them up at 7 when you get woken up to show them how it feels

3. most wardens won't really care, it's expected that students make some noise and they will just say they're not that loud... I was a warden and we took one complaint seriously as the student called us and insisted we come out at 3am every day so we insisted management take action

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending