to improve english Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
hi
i'm from india .i want to improve my english.
i have done my schooling and graduation in english.
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
hi
i'm from india .i want to improve my english.
i have done my schooling and graduation in english.
The best way is to come out here (or another english-speaking country) and live and work for a bit; there's no better way really to learn a language!

Kind Regards,
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or if it's not in your plans to move to England (or another English-speaking country) you could always just watch loads of English films! For a lot of my Indian friends, that's how they learn Hindi! By watching Bollywood films! True, the language in films is not perfect (e.g. use of swear words or terms such as "innit") but you'd hear those if you came to live here too! So no big difference there!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tweetsy85)
Or if it's not in your plans to move to England (or another English-speaking country) you could always just watch loads of English films! For a lot of my Indian friends, that's how they learn Hindi! By watching Bollywood films! True, the language in films is not perfect (e.g. use of swear words or terms such as "innit") but you'd hear those if you came to live here too! So no big difference there!
Are you by any chance indian yourself? I LOVE Hindi films!!!
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Are you by any chance indian yourself? I LOVE Hindi films!!!
no I'm not, but I am an honourary Indian according to my friends, since I hang out with them so much! lol. I've seen clips from some of the films and heard so many of the songs that sometimes they play over in my head! *hums kahona pyaar hai theme*
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tweetsy85)
no I'm not, but I am an honourary Indian according to my friends, since I hang out with them so much! lol. I've seen clips from some of the films and heard so many of the songs that sometimes they play over in my head! *hums kahona pyaar hai theme*
Wow thats amazing!! *impressed* I've never met a non-indian who's keen on asian films, let alone remotely interested!
tweetsy85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol yeah I know its a bit unusual, but there ya go. since year 7 I've hung around that crowd, so it influences a person over time! I love learning about different cultures ~ they make life so much more fascinating! For the same reason I'm really enthusiastic about learning new language. All I can say in Hindi is:Namaste, mera nam tweetsy hai. then in gujrati I can say: tu kem che? oh and from watching film clips I know the word "bachou!" even though I'm not sure that's how you spell it!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think by finding parts of foreign culture we can participate in/enjoy you find your self learning alot more than you might in a class room...I mean my brother introduced me to Japanese anime and I love it- through watching it I have learned snippets of the language and bits about the culture- because I enjoy the programmes I am now interested in the language and would love to learn it (though tis very complecated etc etc) ...erm I don't think this makes as much sense as I meant it to- it's late and I'm tired! I may have to re-read this tomorrow when I am more aware of what I have written, and edit it accordingly.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.64%
Excited (155)
9.16%
Worried (304)
17.96%
Terrified (376)
22.21%
Meh (162)
9.57%
Confused (37)
2.19%