English Literature degree entry requirements

Watch
panda.98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, i'm just wondering about English Literature degrees and what i need for them. I'm currently doing Textiles, Sociology, English Lit and English Lang A levels and i wasnt sure if i actually need English Lang? I dont really enjoy it that much but would i be closing doors if i dropped it after AS but kept on with Literature?
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to check the entry requirements for each different University - both A levels and GCSE subjects/grades.

But honestly, if you don't like English Language then isn't studying English Literature for 3 whole years going to be hard going/boring?
Zoelingua
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I study English and American Literature at uni now, and I don't remember coming across any uni's that specifically required you to have an A Level in English Language... It might be worth your while looking into the uni's you might be considering just in case. I don't think dropping it will really effect anything, my Sixth Form didn't even offer it so I didn't take it and I'm on a Literature degree course now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (114)
40.86%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (21)
7.53%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (64)
22.94%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.47%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed