The Student Room Group

Syria air strikes: MPs authorise UK action against Islamic State

MPs have voted by 397 to 223 to authorise UK air strikes against so-called Islamic State in Syria.

lets see what happens now

Scroll to see replies

Wallah,a part of me wants to cry. I don't want to see dead children/women/men on the streets of Syria but at the same time,I hope ISIS are completely annihilated
Good. It was the right decision.
Democracy, Islam and the persecuted called for aid.
Britain has answered
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
WW3
The cycle begins anew.
Original post by queen-bee
Wallah,a part of me wants to cry. I don't want to see dead children/women/men on the streets of Syria but at the same time,I hope ISIS are completely annihilated

same..... just pray for them.
Original post by HAnwar
WW3

Lol, not even close.
I have absolutely no idea what the solution is but I struggle to understand how bombing them is going to improve anything. Their ideology isn't going to disappear no matter how many kT we explode.
Original post by queen-bee

Nope, that won't happen. At least not with airstrikes alone.
haha bye Corbyn :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Starvation13
Lol, not even close.

WW3+WW4
We need ground troops. We need to invade and destroy ISIS and Assad, and build a new, pro-Western government in Syria, as part of a wider process to make the Mediterranean the great lake of civilisation once again.
Terrible decision, once again we're bombing innocent civilians.

It's done though.
Original post by IamJacksContempt

Comparing our democratically-elected representatives who have chosen to go to war with a crazed death cult to Nazis is disingenuous at best and offensive at worst.
Original post by Cato the Elder
Glorious news. I can't wait to see all the radical Muslims and butthurt lefties crying on this thread.

Yes, I'm sure all the radical Muslims currently residing in France, Belgium etc are absolutely ****ting themselves :rofl:
While I am a pacifist, sometimes it's necessary for the peaceful man to give up the idea of him being peaceful in order to achieve stability in the long run.

While the bombings obviously won't completely annihilate them, it will at least go some way to curbing their power, whereas doing nothing will not.
Tony Benn must be turning in his grave after the disgusting speech of his son Hilary based on lies, propaganda and exploiting people's fears.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Yes, I'm sure all the radical Muslims currently residing in France, Belgium etc are absolutely ****ting themselves :rofl:

Well I mean the Muslims that sympathise with radical Islam even if they don't actively support it, but yeah.
I've a feeling we'll look back at this moment with deep regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest