Anyone have any experience with British Airways

Watch this thread
Colour Me Pretty
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Long story short:

I'm flying out to Amsterdam tonight for a long weekend. I found my flight on Sky scanner and booked via Gotogate, which is the third party booking agent sky scanner takes you to after booking your flight.

Everything seemed fine, the money was taken from my account and I managed to checkin fine online last night. However, I paid for one item of checked in luggage which hasn't shown up on my boarding pass and when I called British Airways they said my itineray didn't include checked in luggage.

I've emailed and been on the phone to gotogate who have provided me with a travel document confirming i should have one item of checked in luggage in my name.

If I turn up at the British Airways check in desk with a confirmation order and also the travel document Gotogate provided me with, will they still charge me the standard £60 for checking in luggage at the airport? I was so angry at Gotogate but I'm starting to think the issue is at BA's end.

Does anyone have any experience with BA or Gotogate? I really don't want to fork out over a £100 for my luggage!
College_Dropout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Why didnt you do it straight through BA initially?
Colour Me Pretty
Rep:
(Original post by College_Dropout)
Why didnt you do it straight through BA initially?
Because i'm an idiot? I didn't think there would be an issue doing it via Sky Scanner! Obviously, i've learnt my lesson now but at the moment I'm more concerned with not paying extra for my luggage.
Clomper
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I never book through skyscanner, or expedia, for that exact reason. I always use it to find a price and then go through the official BA (or whoever) website.

If your online check in isn't showing up as a checked in bag then I suggest you purchase one online (it is 2x the price at the airport) and sort one out when you get home. If you're just going for a long weekend then you can probably just use hand luggage. Amsterdam Schiphol are really strict... I lived in NL for a year and I was made to take 1 jumper out of my bag when flying to London because it was 23.1 kg.... 100 grams over...
Colour Me Pretty
Rep:
(Original post by Clomper)
I never book through skyscanner, or expedia, for that exact reason. I always use it to find a price and then go through the official BA (or whoever) website.

If your online check in isn't showing up as a checked in bag then I suggest you purchase one online (it is 2x the price at the airport) and sort one out when you get home. If you're just going for a long weekend then you can probably just use hand luggage. Amsterdam Schiphol are really strict... I lived in NL for a year and I was made to take 1 jumper out of my bag when flying to London because it was 23.1 kg.... 100 grams over...
I've already checked in, that's the issue. However, I tweeted BA and they said if I have proof of payment (which I do) then it should be ok. I can't take hand luggage as I'm sharing a suitcase with my boyfriend so I have all his stuff and I'm going straight to the airport from work.

I'm praying my proof of purchase will sort it out, but I'm definitely never booking via a third party again. Too much stress!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (8)
21.05%
It went fairly well (16)
42.11%
It didn't go too well (8)
21.05%
TERRIBLE! (6)
15.79%

Watched Threads