jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish. It got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house, for me it's a scorpion.
TheFarmerLad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jonathanemptage)
When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish it got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house for me it's a scorpion
RIP punctuation
Tailsthefoxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Certain species of tarantula, or like those massive cockroaches you can keep as pets, I hate them
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I HATE SMALL ANIMALS. I can deal with rabbits +. So any small animal (especially hamsters - idk why but they scare the **** out of me )
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
(Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
RIP punctuation
Reread the top post. you happy now?
Chewing Sand
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Snakes, any kind of snake.
TheFarmerLad
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reread the top post. you happy now?
Yes. Worst small animal to have is probably a skunk
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
Yes. Worst small animal to have is probably a skunk

cute thouhgh
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If ferrets are counted as smaller than a rabbit, then definitely ferrets. I like looking at them and I think if I handled them more often I'd get used to them, but it freaks me out seeing them move. And they smell if kept indoors.

Scorpions and tarantulas are actually very timid! I wouldn't have one as a pet because they're quite boring, they don't really move and the ones I've looked after have scuttled away as soon as I opened their cages.
harmony_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Spiders, snakes, creepy crawlies :afraid:
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
(Original post by suirrel)
If ferrets are counted as smaller than a rabbit, then definitely ferrets. I like looking at them and I think if I handled them more often I'd get used to them, but it freaks me out seeing them move. And they smell if kept indoors.

Scorpions and tarantulas are actually very timid! I wouldn't have one as a pet because they're quite boring, they don't really move and the ones I've looked after have scuttled away as soon as I opened their cages.

still just look at it though:eek:
Student403
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Put your volume at max and just listen. Don't watch.

THIS IS WHAT WILL EXTERMINATE HUMANITY
Treblebee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha tarantula (in case it escaped - useful in a Home Alone scenario, but otherwise... )
Actually, pretty much any spider (lol and my little brother has a pet giant spider he found in the ivy. She's lasted a while now; I'm afraid I have her and her *two* egg-sacks on a death-list.)
Other than spiders... um, maybe hornets, although no idea what nutter would keep 'em for pets!
Also, grimy ferrets/rats. I have a friend who has kept both and let's just say her bedroom smells of a "perfume" of a kind
Captain Jack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When I was at uni a couple of my housemates bought some fish. It got me thinking fish aren't really a problem but what small animals (up to the size of a rabbit) would you really not like your housemates to have in the house, for me it's a scorpion.
A rat.
suirrel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

still just look at it though:eek:
Literally most of the time, it will be hiding under a rock not out in the open! Scorpions are boring. Giant millipedes are very cool, though, they are more active when you pick them up.
jonathanemptage
Rep:
?
(Original post by suirrel)
Literally most of the time, it will be hiding under a rock not out in the open! Scorpions are boring. Giant millipedes are very cool, though, they are more active when you pick them up.
I didn't even know you could get Giant millipedes as pets I'm not too keen on them either tbh one had a walk on roll in a dream recently
Rorschach II
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
RIP punctuation
On that note (though digressing slightly) a question about animals* OP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (230)
58.38%
No (138)
35.03%

Watched Threads