The Student Room Group

Favourite Italian dishes

Couldn't forget my other half,so what are your favourite Italian dishes apart from pasta al forno,everyone likes lasagna.

Scroll to see replies

Italian dishes apart from pasta = not a lot left to choose from.

Pizza.
Reply 2
Original post by Wilfred Little
Italian dishes apart from pasta = not a lot left to choose from.

Pizza.

Meh I'm not really a huge fan of pizza
Original post by queen-bee
Meh I'm not really a huge fan of pizza

Have you ever had Casu Marzu?
Reply 4
Have you ever had Casu Marzu?

Nope,my family originate from Tuscany
Home made pizza
Pasta with tomato, garlic and herb sauce ('pasta and red') which my mum makes
Cappelletti
Original post by queen-bee
Couldn't forget my other half,so what are your favourite Italian dishes apart from pasta al forno,everyone likes lasagna.

Spaghetti Bolognese
lasagne but the one i love has multiple meats usually beef, veal, pancetta, venison, pheasant, pigeon, rabbit and duck as a rule
involtino di manzo and involtino di pollo
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
Monica Bellucci :drool:

Oh really,is she what you want for Christmas?
Reply 9
Best Italian dishes are pasta, obviously. They do it so well. Pizza in Italy is a little disappointing. I like thin bases, but America does it so much better.
Macaroni , yummmm
Reply 11
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'd settle for a younger, more exotic version, tbh. I'm not fussy :laugh:

Oh really? So just any exotic,young female. Hah
Saltimbocca is ****ing gorgeous.
Original post by Mackay
Best Italian dishes are pasta, obviously. They do it so well. Pizza in Italy is a little disappointing. I like thin bases, but America does it so much better.

I have never disagreed with an opinion more. They don't do good pizza in Italy. That is sacrilege, you are a philistine.
Reply 14
Original post by Foo.mp3
Women comparable to Ms. Bellucci are very rare, and young, exotic versions exceptionally so :pierre:

Ah yeah,it must be so difficult for the rest of us plain Janes to even try and reach her standard,such is life. I hope you find a a young and exotic belluci look alike
Reply 15
Pizza. Either farmhouse or margherita. Best I've ever had was a margherita in Sorrento, Italy while overlooking the harbour as the sun went down. I would go back for that restaurant alone!
Original post by Leviathan1741
Home made pizza

How do you do this mate? I would like to try this myself.

I know a guy who makes pizza at home, he has some pizza stone and a thing he uses to get the pizza out the oven, like a stick with a tray on the end, spoke about it before and making the dough sounds like hard work. He also uses some Italian spreadable sausage which I've forgot the name of.
Arancini are sooo good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Y'all ain't even mentioned our sweet Italian breads we have after dinner or our delicious eal dishes we have for Christ :drool:
Also tirimasu? How could you not have mentioned this??
How do you do this mate? I would like to try this myself.

I know a guy who makes pizza at home, he has some pizza stone and a thing he uses to get the pizza out the oven, like a stick with a tray on the end, spoke about it before and making the dough sounds like hard work. He also uses some Italian spreadable sausage which I've forgot the name of.

I will ask my mum (as she's the one who makes it) and get back to you later :h:

Quick Reply

Latest