XxKingSniprxX
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I applied to 5 universities. However, I regret applying to one university, which got
back to me and gave me a conditional offer can I withdraw my application from
that university that gave me a conditional offer and use that spot to apply to a different university?

If so, how is it possible? Do I call up UCAS because it doesn't give me a option to withdraw/change course on that university webpage that shows my conditional offer at that university?
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
bump
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Did you apply less than a week ago?
If not then you cant substitute a choice now
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
Did you apply less than a week ago?
If not then you cant substitute a choice now
I sent off my application on Friday 13th November and then got a message on UCAS receiving my application the following Monday. It doesn't give me a option to substitute a course on track of which I received a offer for. Should i give them a call to manually substitute it?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
I sent off my application on Friday 13th November and then got a message on UCAS receiving my application the following Monday. It doesn't give me a option to substitute a course on track of which I received a offer for. Should i give them a call to manually substitute it?
I m afraid, you ve missed the deadline to substitute a choice by a few days so theres nothing ucas can do for you to substitute it.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Too late.

You can approach that Uni to see it they will consider you for a different course there, but that is all that is open to you now.
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
I m afraid, you ve missed the deadline to substitute a choice by a few days so theres nothing ucas can do for you to substitute it.
I thought the deadline was January ...
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought the deadline was January ...
The deadline for applying is January. Bit ucas expect you to think about your choices before applying so you don't have that many options after you've done that
XxKingSniprxX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Juno)
The deadline for applying is January. Bit ucas expect you to think about your choices before applying so you don't have that many options after you've done that
I'm stuck... any ideas what to do besides leaving it to the chance of that uni being in adjustment/clearing?
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You clearly should have thought about this a great deal more clearly than you did BEFORE you applied.

UCAS has the 'changes only within 7 days' policy very deliberately - its to stop teenagers constantly changing their minds and messing Unis about, and to make it clear that going to Uni is a grown-up decision demanding grown-up thought.
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm stuck... any ideas what to do besides leaving it to the chance of that uni being in adjustment/clearing?
The only other course of action is to withdraw from all your choices and hope the place you really want to go is in Extra. This is high risk and rather foolish, tbh. Given your complete change of mind in three weeks, perhaps you may find that you change it back again soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.03%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.33%
No (124)
35.63%

Watched Threads