My Mum... Watch

This discussion is closed.
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Don Quixote)
That depends if you trust your mum. Maybe she wouldn't. If I was a lad though and your mum was nice enough, things could get inserted into other things, perhaps in a drunken stooper. A war torn country excuse is a good one for sympathy. I would watch the lad and tell him to watch it. I could do that but maybe as your a girl it's different. Or phone your dad? This is a tough one. You may have to stay in and keep watch, depends whether the glass is half empty of half full.
i don't know what to think...her telling me last night that nothing was going on only fuelled my suspicians, that she felt the need to say that...
littleredfrog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
That depends if you trust your mum. Maybe she wouldn't. If I was a lad though and your mum was nice enough, things could get inserted into other things, perhaps in a drunken stooper. A war torn country excuse is a good one for sympathy. I would watch the lad and tell him to watch it. I could do that but maybe as your a girl it's different. Or phone your dad? This is a tough one. You may have to stay in and keep watch, depends whether the glass is half empty of half full.
do you not have ne respect for ne ones feelings??? dont say things like that!! its not nice!!! and it hurts people especially ruthie!!
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ruthiepoothie)
i don't know what to think...her telling me last night that nothing was going on only fuelled my suspicians, that she felt the need to say that...
she told you that something was going on??? you are seriously going to ahev to ask her out rite....its not fair on you!!! do it asap!!
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by littleredfrog)
she told you that something was going on??? you are seriously going to ahev to ask her out rite....its not fair on you!!! do it asap!!
re-read it .. she said she said nothing was going on.

ruthie you need to talk to her. but i wouldnt read her journal. what if there IS something in there you dont want to know...?
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do you think about the journal...i know i shouldn't read it but i just want to know how my mum sees him...she might have written about it?
Reading her journal could be risky - what are you going to do if she has written about her and him? On the one hand it could completely put your mind at rest, though she may just not have written everything down about them, on the other you could find out too much and then be in an even more difficult situation.
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bezza)
Reading her journal could be risky - what are you going to do if she has written about her and him? On the one hand it could completely put your mind at rest, though she may just not have written everything down about them, on the other you could find out too much and then be in an even more difficult situation.
yeah...i won't for the time being....
Don Quixote
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by littleredfrog)
do you not have ne respect for ne ones feelings??? dont say things like that!! its not nice!!! and it hurts people especially ruthie!!
I shall elaborate: the true meaning is that perhaps a suitcase will be inserted into the spare bedroom, especially when one is drunk and accomodating, suggestive even.

If someone says something unprompted (eg 'did you hear about the robbery last night' - 'i didn't do it' - they're feeling guilty and confess in that way. She could also be trying to innocently reassure you. Like I said, it's a tough one.
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I shall elaborate: the true meaning is that perhaps a suitcase will be inserted into the spare bedroom, especially when one is drunk and accomodating, suggestive even.

If someone says something unprompted (eg 'did you hear about the robbery last night' - 'i didn't do it' - they're feeling guilty and confess in that way. She could also be trying to innocently reassure you. Like I said, it's a tough one.
okay then just dont suggest!!
caius
Report 14 years ago
1 q. you got to ask yourself:

'Would she be acting like this in front of your dad?'

If not, then something ain't right.
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
poor thing, if i was in your situation, i'd probably think about it for a while and then confront them both and force this strange person to leave - i'd hate to cause any trouble, but i'd probably get sick of it and become slightly radical
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caius)

we've already established that...sorry hun!!! but we just gotta figure out wot
Cossack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caius)

good point
littleredfrog
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
poor thing, if i was in your situation, i'd probably think about it for a while and then confront them both and force this strange person to leave - i'd hate to cause any trouble, but i'd probably get sick of it and become slightly radical
good plan batman!! but if she confronts them she could end up looking like a fool!!!
MattG
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by caius)

i think you might have to wait untill your dad gets back, if shes as open about her new friend with your dad and shes comfortable inviting him around while your dad is around it might be ok.

however if she goes quiet and never talks about him it might mean something
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*hug* darling, i feel really really sorry for you, but whatever you do DO NOT read your mums journal. this may sound strange, but your in a better situation just thinking there may be something going on than actually knowing. and even if theres nothing written, would you belive then that theres nothing going on, or would it just be that shes trying to cover her tracks....ie she knows that someone could read it.

if hes stil in your house when shes not there...go and ask him why he's there.

try and speak to your mum, tell her that your feeling uncomfortable with him there when shes not....then it might give her the hint that your not comfortable with him there at all.

love Katy ***
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
thanks for all your replies everyone..

the update is that he has now gone (finally!!)
I'm gonna leave it and see what happens, if he comes round again or if my dad knows about him....
do you think i should tell my dad when he gets back??

however, if my mum asks me then i will tell her i am not comfortable with him being in the house and them spending so much time together....
if he comes round again then i will say something to my mum..but it may all be perfectly innocent..however i am sure that my mum would not act like she does around him when my dad was there....

my bf thinks that my mum was just a bit lonely and wanted someone to talk to and thinks i am blowing it out of proportion...he may be right...i mean i'm sure my mum wouldn't want to break up the family by doing anything stupid.

part of me feels bad for feeling so suspicious, but its just not her normal behaviour! I suppose she could be going through a mid-life crisis...

Thanks for all the help anyway....i'm still confused but i will ride it out and see what happens...

Love
Ruthie
xxxx

ps. ickle katie i think it is a good idea to tell my mum that i don't think he should be here when she isn't here...i wouldn't leave my friends here when i wasn't here...so i might mention that to her....she might get the hint then!!

pps. the kitchen smells funny now....
John Paul Jones
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
thanks for all your replies everyone..

the update is that he has now gone (finally!!)
I'm gonna leave it and see what happens, if he comes round again or if my dad knows about him....
do you think i should tell my dad when he gets back??

however, if my mum asks me then i will tell her i am not comfortable with him being in the house and them spending so much time together....
if he comes round again then i will say something to my mum..but it may all be perfectly innocent..however i am sure that my mum would not act like she does around him when my dad was there....

my bf thinks that my mum was just a bit lonely and wanted someone to talk to and thinks i am blowing it out of proportion...he may be right...i mean i'm sure my mum wouldn't want to break up the family by doing anything stupid.

part of me feels bad for feeling so suspicious, but its just not her normal behaviour! I suppose she could be going through a mid-life crisis...

Thanks for all the help anyway....i'm still confused but i will ride it out and see what happens...

Love
Ruthie
xxxx

ps. ickle katie i think it is a good idea to tell my mum that i don't think he should be here when she isn't here...i wouldn't leave my friends here when i wasn't here...so i might mention that to her....she might get the hint then!!

pps. the kitchen smells funny now....

heheh poor thing - well at least the malignancy has gone lol, why not sit with them and make sure he doesn't try anything weird, i would also be very suspicious if my mum did anything like that, i'd tell her straight away

my dad had a midlife crisis, he said he didn't want a family and wanted to be young and single....but he just got drunk everyday - but that was a while back heheh
ruthiepoothie
Rep:
?
(Original post by John Paul Jones)
heheh poor thing - well at least the malignancy has gone lol, why not sit with them and make sure he doesn't try anything weird, i would also be very suspicious if my mum did anything like that, i'd tell her straight away

my dad had a midlife crisis, he said he didn't want a family and wanted to be young and single....but he just got drunk everyday - but that was a while back heheh
it just made me really incomfortable the way they were acting that i didn't want to stay with them and it made me miss my dad even though he only went yesterday and will be back on sunday

anyway, he's gone now so hopefully it was just a one off and i can just forget all about it and everything will go back to normal....

do you think i should mention to my dad that the bloke stayed for ages and then stayed over night on the sofa??

Ruthie xx
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok, my mum teaches at our local college- she does one to one dyslexia tutoring...anyway...she was teaching a student for about 6 weeks. On monday I came home (about 5pm) to find that he was in the garden with my mum and they were having a cup of tea etc (except he was having a beer...) and it looked like they had had lunch...which was fine. When my mum took him home(about 5.20 as we had a dentist appointment at 5.15 which she was supposed to take me to but i ended up going on my own as i didn't want to be late)..

She asked me if I was ok with her having him round...she doesn't teach him anymore but they have decided to stay friends... and I said it was fine. She said she was very excited as she had never had a male friend before. He must be about 25 ish and used to live in a war torn country and she says they have really great conversations.

Then i came back today about 3pm and found that he was here...they were talking in the front room...then she went out to teach about 4pm but he stayed in the house...and then she got back about 5.30 ish. Anyway, i went out about 6.30 and came back home about 9.00....he is still here...
there are some beer bottles and they had tea together....they are now in the garden...i think my mum is a bit tipsy as she is laughing and giggling really wierdly and basically flirting. He also seems to stand really close to her. My dad has gone away for a few days to finland on business, and i'm not sure if he even knows that my mum has this 'guest'. She also doesn't seem to really be taking care of the dog- and hasn't taken him out for a walk yet- he usually has one around 8-9pm....

it is making me feel really uncomfortable...my mum isn't actually doing anything with him, but she never acts like this around my dad...and he has been round and awful lot in a short space of time...it is making me feel really upset

Do you think it is ok for my mum to be doing this? I suppose my dad may know about it..but i know that he wouldn't be here if my dad was at home.... i don't know if i am feeling paranoid and upset about nothing...i am also feeling sorry for my dad if he doesn't know that she is having this bloke round... there is nothing wrong with her being friends with someone, but she never has her female friends round like this- i suppose they all have families etc...and couldn't give up the time...oh i don't know

its making it really hard for me to concentrate on my revision whilst thinking about it all..

I would appreciate any comments....

Ruthie xx
Oooohhh. Oh boy. Best to keep your beady eye on them. lol. I wouldn't be too worried.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it just made me really incomfortable the way they were acting that i didn't want to stay with them and it made me miss my dad even though he only went yesterday and will be back on sunday

anyway, he's gone now so hopefully it was just a one off and i can just forget all about it and everything will go back to normal....

do you think i should mention to my dad that the bloke stayed for ages and then stayed over night on the sofa??

Ruthie xx
I'm sure that it is perfectly innocent. Maybe your mother will tell him.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed