What bank account can I open without ID? Watch

oceangliding
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi

I'm wondering if there's a bank account that doesn't require any kind of ID to open?

I'm not trying to do anything dodgy, it's a long story but I'm 18 and have no sort of valid ID and can't get stuff such as a provisional drivers license. I've got so many annoying things to solve before I head off to uni next year and this is one of them....

So yep... anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks!
the terminator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I dont think any legit bank would let you do so. I am not accusing you of anything here just saying in general, most legit banks wouldnt allow it to happen.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The above poster is right. However, if you don't have a driving licence or passport, speak to the bank first. I'm sure they've met people in your situation and found ways around this.
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by the terminator)
I dont think any legit bank would let you do so. I am not accusing you of anything here just saying in general, most legit banks wouldnt allow it to happen.
Sigh, I was hoping that wasn't the case but it does seem like it :/
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
The above poster is right. However, if you don't have a driving licence or passport, speak to the bank first. I'm sure they've met people in your situation and found ways around this.
I did speak to Lloyds bank about it,didn't have much luck there..... I'll maybe go and speak to someone else when I can, probably in the new year now.
CCC75
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are online debit card accounts that you can open though, which can be paid into like a regular bank account. They all charge monthly fees and for certain types of transactions. Some require ID, some don't. They are called 'prepaid cards'.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/
karlabari
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
not to be judgy but it does sound a bit suspicious - why can't you just suply some basic details - if ant bank does let you they must be pretty desperate ah
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by CCC75)
There are online debit card accounts that you can open though, which can be paid into like a regular bank account. They all charge monthly fees and for certain types of transactions. Some require ID, some don't. They are called 'prepaid cards'.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/prepaid-cards/
Thank you!! I shall have a look! They may come in use for me, even temporarily.
CCC75
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by oceangliding)
Thank you!! I shall have a look! They may come in use for me, even temporarily.
I know someone that is not legit in the country, so no UK ID whatsoever, who has used one for receiving wage payments for the last 5 years.
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi

I'm wondering if there's a bank account that doesn't require any kind of ID to open?

I'm not trying to do anything dodgy, it's a long story but I'm 18 and have no sort of valid ID and can't get stuff such as a provisional drivers license. I've got so many annoying things to solve before I head off to uni next year and this is one of them....

So yep... anyone know of anywhere?

Thanks!

If you want, then I've got a "contact" who can open up an offshore, tax-dodging, Swiss bank account.
No ID or proof of address required.

Just a small fee for our troubles.

Asolare
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I thought if you opened your account online (and managed it that way) you wouldn't need the ID?

Though I have to say I've only seen that possible for savings accounts, not current accounts..so...
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by karlabari)
not to be judgy but it does sound a bit suspicious - why can't you just suply some basic details - if ant bank does let you they must be pretty desperate ah
right - I'm not sure what you're trying to say in that last sentence - but basic details aren't enough or I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by Inexorably)
I thought if you opened your account online (and managed it that way) you wouldn't need the ID?

Though I have to say I've only seen that possible for savings accounts, not current accounts..so...
Yeah I think for a current account I have to send ID in to them if I open it online :/
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by nucdev)
If you want, then I've got a "contact" who can open up an offshore, tax-dodging, Swiss bank account.
No ID or proof of address required.

Just a small fee for our troubles.

I'd rather stick to something non tax dodging and in the Uk...... thanks though
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by CCC75)
I know someone that is not legit in the country, so no UK ID whatsoever, who has used one for receiving wage payments for the last 5 years.
Certainly could be useful, thanks!
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd rather stick to something non tax dodging and in the Uk...... thanks though
Aah well, if you're sure.

(It was just a joke HMRC - I know how much you like to pursue me online in order to try and catch me in the act, evading tax!)
callum_law
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are many ways to get a bank account without having photographic ID. Just check with the ID requirements of the bank you're interested in. They generally require a DWP letter and your birth certificate.
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by callum_law)
There are many ways to get a bank account without having photographic ID. Just check with the ID requirements of the bank you're interested in. They generally require a DWP letter and your birth certificate.
I think I just need to have a look at different banks, and hopefully I can find someone who can help me with what I have got (not very much)
oceangliding
Rep:
?
(Original post by nucdev)
Aah well, if you're sure.

(It was just a joke HMRC - I know how much you like to pursue me online in order to try and catch me in the act, evading tax!)
I am
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by callum_law)
Yeah. I did this years ago (Natwest) and I can't remember what I did now. But it certainly wasn't a serious issue.

I know with Santander, they did say (it doesn't apply because I have a passport now) that if I didn't have a certain form of ID, they can sort something out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (50)
5.75%
Fairly positive (280)
32.22%
Just another year... (338)
38.9%
Is it 2020 yet? (201)
23.13%

Watched Threads