mock week. stress. revise.

Watch this thread
Ferdowcey Rahman
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey,
so I have my mocks coming up and sometimes I struggle to revise.
Can you tell me what your revision techniques are?
Thanks
Becca070600
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

It really depends how you learn best. But I find it useful to read pages from revision guides then I jot down everything I can remember. After that I check for any points I might have missed and I do some in depth reading so I have extensive knowledge of the topic I am revising and check if i can remember a lot of it the next day.

Hope this can help you!
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
Aww I tried copying down the information a few times so it sticks to my head and highlighting the important bits of information, but sometimes it just doesn't stick with me. Also, I NEED music when I'm revising. I feel that it helps me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2151383
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I take it one topic at a time. I read some of the revision guide, draw a labelled diagram of some sorts, do some past questions, then watch a video on it. You should try listening to some songs about the subject you're trying to learn - I'm sure you'll find something relevant and fun
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
Aww wish me luck. I need it. Hopefully these techniques help me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
luciie
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Reading the revision guide repeatedly, watching videos on the topics I'm revising and doing past papers always works for me

Good luck!
studentlife444
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
YouTube can be super helpful but best for me is writing colourful revision notes, I finished mine two weeks ago but they are honestly not that bad 😉 try not to stress it will help A LOT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
(Original post by studentlife444)
YouTube can be super helpful but best for me is writing colourful revision notes, I finished mine two weeks ago but they are honestly not that bad 😉 try not to stress it will help A LOT!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww thanks. I'll give it a go! Science is killing me right now!
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
(Original post by luciie)
Reading the revision guide repeatedly, watching videos on the topics I'm revising and doing past papers always works for me

Good luck!
For me, even if I read the information 100 times, it still wouldn't get into my head
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
mine don't stick lol

try youtube videos - they're pretty good
heyitscraziix
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
According to my CGp revision guide Sleep on your revsion notes therefore the information will go into your brain the next morning ✌🏼️😂😂😂
studentlife444
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by heyitscraziix)
According to my CGp revision guide Sleep on your revsion notes therefore the information will go into your brain the next morning ✌🏼️😂😂😂
CGP revision guides have some random stuff in them 😂it's probably their way of making us interested, sadly it just comes out as a little awkward... If revision guides can be awkward 😁😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
(Original post by studentlife444)
CGP revision guides have some random stuff in them 😂it's probably their way of making us interested, sadly it just comes out as a little awkward... If revision guides can be awkward 😁😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaa aww I know. The CGP guides don't really give me much depth.
heyitscraziix
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ferdowcey Rahman)
Hahaa aww I know. The CGP guides don't really give me much depth.
Same.
Tbh they bore me out with their unrelevant information that doesnt even come up in exams!
Ferdowcey Rahman
Rep:
(Original post by heyitscraziix)
Same.
Tbh they bore me out with their unrelevant information that doesnt even come up in exams!
Most of their info isn't even needed and their lame jokes at the bottom. pfft!
enquiredlearning
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
1)I write on a piece of paper all the subjects i'm revising for.
2) I count the number of pages I have to read and write notes from
3)I write down how many pages I have to do each day by dividing the number of days I have of revision with the number of pages left.

With this I start a routine, so I know everyday I have to for example do 2 pages of sociology and 3 pages of maths etc.. It helps and before the test you would have finished each topic at the same time!

hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (143)
66.51%
No (47)
21.86%
I didn't use it to prepare (25)
11.63%

Watched Threads