At the end of the debate on whether to bomb IS targets in Syria the speaker said "now

Watch
hsv
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
At the end of the debate on whether to bomb is targets in Syria the speaker said something like "now for the petition by the leaders of the parties" there was no petition and MPs started leaving the chamber, why was there no petition and why was the speaker smiling as he said it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
IKR,that's what's even more creepy. Also Cameron was looking smug too,not only bercow
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hsv)
At the end of the debate on whether to bomb is targets in Syria the speaker said something like "now for the petition by the leaders of the parties" there was no petition and MPs started leaving the chamber, why was there no petition and why was the speaker smiling as he said it?
There was a petition tabled immediately after the Syria debate. It was nothing to do with Syria and was introduced by Cheryl Gillan rather than any party leaders.
Illiberal Liberal
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
all this faux outrage is laughable

they had been through a 7 hour (?) debate on Syria and just found out the result of the vote in which the debate culminated in

they then had something significantly less important on the agenda immediately following the debate, so bercow made a light-hearted quip about it and most of the MPs left to go to sleep.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hsv)

Posted from TSR Mobile
The MPs left the chamber to vote.

The speaker was probably smiling as its been well covered in the news that he sat for 11 hours solid with no break during the debate so had a chance to go to the toilet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads